Eighteen

Jinyoung sat in café Alex and Mark usually went to, the mug of coffee in his hands as he stared at the book in front of him.

"This wasn't the deal... I said do it step by step not drown her with it!" He said through gritted teeth.

The boy sitting opposite him simply gulped on his own beverage.

"I am doing it step by step. We have limited time, Jinyoung. We can't afford not to rush these things!" The boy opposite snapped though his voice was still low.

"We have all the time I say we have, okay? You're not the one giving fate a run for his money, got it? If I say we have two weeks, we have two weeks, if I say we have an eternity, we have an eternity."

The boy opposite, who we'll name X for now, crossed his arms over his chest.

"When was the last time you checked in on Wonderland?" X asked.

"Wonderland is doing just fine."

"Is it?" He pulled a small potion out of his bag, a deep red colour and poured it on the table. Suddenly a small portal opened in front of them.

"What are you doing?" Jinyoung asked in a hushed but angered tone. "You'll get us caught!"

"Calm down, will you? They can't see any of this. They aren't involved."

"But what if Alex or Mark are nearby? They'll see it."

"Let them. We only have a week left."

"What do you mean?"

"Just look inside the portal, Jinyoung."

And so he did.

Hyunjin lay on the ground of the jail cell coughing blood onto the floor. Then the portal shifted to the King who lay somewhat lifeless in the middle of the woods, no bed and no medical attention. Then it shifted to the Third Queen who was discussing how to kill Hyunjin off with JB. And finally he turned to the Second Queen, Ari who was had a heavy, metal collar around her neck, waiting to be hung.

"What happened?" Jinyoung asked. "When did everything go downhill? I put the King in the coma but that's all did. That Queen is useless if she thinks she did it. And why is he in the woods? Why is Hyunjin locked up and why is Queen Ari waiting to be hung? What happened? What did you do?"

"Nothing," X sighed. "Changbin and Hyuna found King Naymoor's spirit. They made stupid, selfish wishes. Changbin wished Hyunjin would die and Hyuna wished the King and Queen Ari would die. They sold their souls and he took control. You aren't the only one messing with fate anymore. Now you have a spirit at your heels."

Jinyoung banged his first on the table, not caring if people were watching them now.

"Why would they make such idiotic wishes?" He asked.

"Changbin wanted the throne, Hyuna wanted to get revenge on Queen Ari for embarrassing her mother in front of the townspeople."

"Of all people they could have involved themselves with, King Naymoor is who they choose?"

X only shrugged before using his powers to make everyone stop paying attention to them and forget what they just heard.

"Humans aren't the brightest I must say," X chuckled. "For your information, Queen Ari is getting hung next week. And I bet Queen Eunha will want to decapitate Hyunjin or kill him in whatever way she pleases as soon as possible. So we may not even have a week. The choice is all yours, Jinyoung. What will we do?"

The other witch thought for a while, finishing his own beverage then finishing X's.

"There's only one way we can sort things out. Alex has Mark, she'll be alright. We need to go to Wonderland and sort things out."

"And King Naymoor? He's a spirit, what if he steals our souls and works through us."

Jinyoung stood up and paid for their drinks before the two witches walked out of the café.

"Then at least we gave it a shot."

"And what happens to Alex and Hyunjin?"

"They go back to their previous lives."

"Please don't tell me that means what I'm thinking."

"It does. Simple and clear. Fate wins."