Ch.6 The call of Magic

Hariel couldn't help but notice that both Ryou and Yugi seemed different, yet no-one noticed.

Yugi seemed more confident, he walked with his shoulders back and his eyes forward as if he was a lord and we were lucky to be in his presence.

Ryou was much quieter, he only spoke when spoken too, and he kept sending her glances, and from Hariel could see his eyes were redder than they had been before last night.

At the moment they had just gotten off the subway and trying to regroup, but it was being difficult.

So many business men were going to work, and doing what they normally did that the subway had been packed to the brim. She had gotten lost in the crowd, the rest of her cousin and his friends seperated, but luckily for her Ryou had grabbed her arm before she could be swept off to far.

They could find eachothers easily, they had phones she did not.

"Hariel?" Ryou said as he tried to catch her attention, his voice sounding deeper, as it was right by her ear. His hand was in hers, she had grabbed it out of instinct whem they had gotten off the subway and he had yet to pull away so Hariel was going to hold on to him untill they found their friends.

"Yes Ryou?" She asked absent mindly, as she felt something stir within her magic. She looked aroumd, trying to see what could've set her magic off.

She may not have finished her education at Hogwarts but Padfoot said her magic would always lead her to safety as all magic did. And whatever was setting her off was evil. It was dark, and not the harmless type either.

"I don't see anyone, maybe they're above waiting for us?" Ryou said, she glanced around and agreed, she couldn't see her tall blonde cousin, nor the pointy hair of Tristan.

"Don't you have a cellphone? Maybe you could call them?" Hariel said, she felt anxious, this darkness she felt wasnt going away, and she couldn't find her cousin.

"I don't have reception down here. Maybe if we go above," Ryou said, Hariel followed as he gently tugged her along.

The farther she got away the easier it was to breath and the easier it was to look for her cousin. Ryou had brought her to what looked like a resting spot for people to sit and grab a quick drink or snack.

"I'm gonna send a message to Tea, maybe she's found the others." Ryou said, his voice still much raspier than last night when she had met him.

Hariel shook herself, it was probably the jet lag, she thought, people's voice don't change dramatically like that.

"Ry! Hariel!" She heard someone yell out. She looked up to see Tristan waving his arm around wildly, and a large grin on his face, he was tugging Tea along with him.

"I'm so glad we found you both! Joey and Yugi went looking for you both." Tea said as she seemed to be checking them over. Hariel sighed out in relief.

They were okay. She smiled at Tristan and Tea as they both sat on the bench near them, Ryou pulled her along and she went willingly.

"Joey was looking for you everywhere! We forgot to mention that the subway gets like that, I hope you can forgive us." Tea said, sadly. Hariel shook her head.

"It's okay, Ryou grabbed me before I could get lost," Hariel said as her cousin came into view.

"Ellie! I'm so glad I didn't lose ya!" Joey said as he looked her over, his brows furrowed as if looking for injuries.

"No I'm okay. Ryou took good care of me." Hariel said smiling as they began walking towards a large building, this most be the mall. Hariel thought as she saw people coming in and out of it.