Ch. 11 Ryou Vs. Yugi

Hariel was amazed at how spacious the blimp actually was. Joey had taken Serenity from her arm and he handed her to Tea. She felt confused but then her confusion was cleared as the duelist were lead to a different part of the blimp.

She stayed close to Ryou as they were lead into a room. In front of the room was a machine with balls in it. But Had a dragon with 3 heads.

"Duelist. This will be how you will be chosen to duel. You have all been assigned a number. " Kaiba said as he appeared from the door. Hariel squinted and she could see he looked annoyed.

He motioned for a screen to appear and their pictures showed with their numbers.

She was number 1, and Ryou was 2, Kaiba was 3, That Nomu kid was 4, Marik was 5, Yugi was 6, Mai was 7 and Joey was 8.

"Why is Hariel first?" Yugi asked, his violet eyes were on the screen. He actually looked insulted, if she had to tell the truth.

"She completed the challenge first. That's how the numbers were chosen." Kaiba said shortly, Hariel smiled widely. She was the first one to complete it! Ryou nudged her side with his elbow, and she saw that Yugi was watching her.

"Now to pair up the duelist who will be facing eachother." Kaiba said. As he turned on the 3 headed dragon machine.

The balls were mixing and jumping untill it spit one up, the number said 2. Ryou was up first. The second ball that ended up coming up was 6.

It seemed Ryou would be up against Yugi for the first duel. 

Both boys stepped forward and each were smirking, the man that Mokuba called Rolland, who looked to be an employee of the the Kaiba brothers motioned for Yugi and Ryou to step onto a slightly raised platform.

"The first duel has been decided. Bakura against Yugi." Rolland announced, as the platform begin to raise. Hariel watched in amazement at how they were raised and then off to the side Mokuba motioned for her to follow him. 

She didn't notice that she was being lead away from her cousin and friends.

She saw Kaiba and then looked around.

"Where's joey?" She asked, Kaiba looked towards her and then looked at his little brother.

"Mokuba." The older Kaiba brother said. Hariel looked between them and then saw her cousin and the rest of the competitors across them on the other side of the platform. They had met up with the rest of there friends.

"Shouldn't I be on that side?" Hariel said, as Mokuba shook his head.

"No, look we are closer to Bakura. And aren't you cheering him on." Mokuba said quickly, as she caught sight of her friend, who was smirking down at her.

"Try not to get engaged while I'm dueling Hariel." Ryou said, chuckling. Hariel rolled her eyes at his teasing but Mokuba seemed to puff up in anger.

"Mokuba. Enough." Kaiba said, putting his hand on his shoulder. Hariel saw how Mokuba nodded, but was watching Ryou with narrowed eyes.

Hariel looked to see Yugi was watching the exchange with red eyes. She ignored him and looked towards the sky. The stars were out and for a second she could've swore she saw a flash of white. She blinked, could Hedwig be near by? She frowned and began to trace the night sky for any sight of her snowy owl.

"The duel is about to begin!" Roland announced, Hariel turned towards the platform to see the duel disks had been activated.

"Lets duel!" The boys stated, Hariel watched as Ryou and Yugi drew their 5 cards.

"I shall go first. I set 2 cards down and I end my turn." Ryou announced. She frowned, could he be setting up the field like he had the last time? She thought as Yugi drew one card.

Hariel saw a flash of white cross her vision once more and she looked up to see nothing but the starry black sky.

She shook her head, Hedwig was back at the apartment. She told herself.

"Hey? You okay? You were out of it" Mokuba asked, tugging on her shirt. She blinked slowly to see Yugi already had a monster on the field and 3 cards in the back row.

"Yeah. I'm okay." She said, as she forced herself to focus. But she seemed to be getting dizzy again.

She had never been one to faint easy but this was ridiculous. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Maybe all the excitement was getting to her? She thought as she tried to clear her head of all her thoughts.

She could feel her magic coil around her protectively. As if guarding her from something.
She let her magic fortify her mind, when she felt secured in her shields she looked up to notice the dark purple clouds forming around them. She saw Mokuba grab onto his older brothers hand.

"What's going on Seto?" Mokuba asked. Hariel felt a familiar type of somthing tugging on her mind and she frowned. Ryou seemed to be looking straight at her, waiting for something.

"Hariel do you feel okay?" Ryou called out. Hariel frowned in confusing.

"Yes, I'm okay why?" Hariel asked, looking into red eyes. They were sharper, just like they had been at the graveyard before she fainted.

"Damn I was hoping you wouldn't have to see this." Ryou said as his voice got a bit deeper and his hair began to spike. She blinked in Confusion as Ryou glared at Yugi.

"The spirit of the Ring!" Yugi said loudly. Hariel felt as if she was missing something when she saw the group across from her gasp.

She was definitely missing something. She thought, as the purple fog got closer around them.

"I banish 3 fiend monsters to bring out Dark Necrofear!" Ryou? Said. Or maybe not. But an evil looking Kuriboh, a man with no head and a goblin looking winged creature disappeared and she could be swore she heard gleeful cries from those monsters.

Hariel watched as Ryou' s ace monster appeared. She felt a chill creep down her spine at the blazing yellow eyes staring straight at her. As if judging her. 

Hariel couldn't move from her spot as those yellow eyes stared into her. She could feel that same dark magic she felt earlier curl around her body. She felt it tightened around her and she felt like she couldn't breathe. Her eyes began to blur and she tried to take a deep breath.

"Watch what my Dark Necrofear can do! Attack his Dark Magician Girl." Not Ryou commanded. Hariel watched with hazy eyes as his Dark Necrofear attacked the blonde spellcaster and destroyed hee sending Her to the graveyard. His Dark Necrofear was at 2200 and Yugi's dark Magician was at 2000.

Yugi lost 200 life points with that attack.

Ryou: 4000 Yugi: 3800

"You won't last long." Not Ryou said, as she felt the dark magic release her. She staggered and leaned against the railing near the platform. She knew that Ryou was speaking to Yugi but those were seemed to sum up how she was dealing.

Whatever Not Ryou was doing was attacking her intentionally or not. And it seemed to be sucking up her energy, she thought. As the purple fog seemed to get denser.

She needed this duel to come to an end now, but it had only just begun. She thought ominously, as she heard lightening crack against the sky, but she couldn't see it.

A/n
1256 words not counting this. I'm so sorry for the long wait. I had a horrible case of writers block and I've just gotten over it. So hopefully you all enjoy this chapter. Thank you all for the reads and votes they mean the world to me. I'll start working on the next chapter.