Ch. 15 A duel with Destiny

Hariel looked at the 5 cards in her hand. Silent Magician, Pot of Greed, Maiden of Macabre and Emerald Magician Girl of Mischief.

"I shall go first!" Marik said as he drew a card.

Hariel watched as a smirk began to form on his face.

"I set these two cards down and i summon Gil Garth to the field!" Marik said as his monster appeared. Hariel glared at Marik in annoyance. That monster had 1800 atk points, she had to think strategically. Considering she had no idea what he had set in his backrow. "I end my turn." Marik said smirking.

"Okay. I draw!" Hariel said as she drew one card. Silent Magician lvl 4. She took a deep breath she had to have faith.

"I activate my spell card Pot of Greed! It allows me to draw 2 cards!" She said as she drew 2 more cards. Mausoleum of the Emperor and Level up.

She could work with this. She thought, as a plan began to form in her head.

"I summon Silent Magician lvl 4 to the field! And then i activate Level up which allows me to special summon my Silent Magician lvl 8!" Hariel said as she discarded both lvl 4 and level up to the graveyard to bring out one of her most powerful cards.

Her eyes narrowed at the back back row but she had to take the chance.

"Silent Magician lvl 8! Attack Gil Garth!" Hariel Commanded. Her light magician attacked the robotic creature unrestricted as Marik took 1700 damage. She frowned at the life point counter. She wished they would change his name.

Hariel 4000 Namu 2300

She felt a shiver go up her spine as Marik began to laugh hysterically.

"You think you did me damage. Not likely!" Marik said as he flipped over a trap card.

Nightmare wheel. She silent cursed her luck, but she stilled as she heard a feminine scream. She looked around but only saw Mai, who wasn't the one screaming. She turned to the field and saw it was her Magician. From the looks on the sides noone could hear It.

"Silent Magician!" Hariel yelled out, maybe she wasnt imagining it. She thought as the silver headed magician looked at her.

"She can no longer attack, or change her postion, aslong as this card is on the field! And you get 500 damge every turn." Marik said taunting.

She gritted her teeth together. Damn it! She thought as she heard pained whimpers.

"I end my turn!" Hariel yelled out frustrated. She had to ein this. For Joey! For Odion. She thought as she looked at her hand again.

Silent Magician, Maiden of Macabre, Emerald Magician girl of Mischief and Mausoleum of the Emperor.

Marik's Nightmare wheel put a wrench in her plans, but she had a plan. She narrowed her eyes as Marik began smirking.

"I draw!" Marik said as he began to laugh.

"I activate my spell card Pot of Greed to draw two cards!" Marik said. "Then i summon this card face down and i end my turn." He said smirking.

Hariel took a deep breath to keep from calling him any bad words and drew her card.

"I draw." She said. She looked at the card. Dark Magician of Chaos. She looked at her hand again. And smirked.

"You lose 500 life points!" Marik announced as the trap activated and Hariel heard the sharp gasp of Silent Magician level 8.

Hariel 3500 Namu 2300

"I activate my field spell! Mausoleum of the Emperor! And instead of tributing a card to summon a monster I can give life points! I tribute Summon 2000 of my life points to bring out my Dark Magician of Chaos!" Hariel said as said Magician joined the field and then her smirk grew larger on her face.

Hariel 1500 Namu 2300

To those watching Hariel's eyes seemed to glow eerily.

"And because Dark Magician of Chaos and Silent Magician lvl 8 are on the field I can bring out this card. Emerald Magician girl of Mischief!" Hariel said as with a swirl of wind, a green clad magician joined the field. "I activate Dark Magician of Chaos effect I can retrieve a spell card from my graveyard." Hariel added as she added Pot of Greed to her hand.

Yugi and Kaiba both saw the resemblance the girl and card had to each other, while the others thought she looked like a darker version of Dark Magician Girl.

Emerald Magician girl of Mischief was in between Silent Magician lvl 8 and Dark Magician of Chaos. Both newly summoned magicians has their staffs raised up threateninly.

"And wait there's more!" Hariel said, as her hand raised, as did Emerald Magician girl of Mischief staff.

"She negates traps. Activations and the ones of the field!" Hariel said as Emerald Magician girl of Mischief shoot a beam of green at Nightmare wheel and it destroyed it.

Kaiba was impressed with how she had gotten 2 very strong monsters our onto the field with little to no effort.

Yugi was watching Marik with narrowed eyes. What trick did he have up his sleeve.

Back to the duel, Silent Magician level 8 was freed from the trap and to everyone it looked like it would be a quick duel.

All 3 of the monsters Hariel had on the field were 8 stars and over 2500. Dark Magician of Chaos was at 2800. Silent Magician lvl 8 was at 3500 and Emerald Magician girl of Mischief was at 2700. Each of them had a pretty powerful effect. So her bases were covered for now.

While Marik only had the one face down card in his monster zone. But he did have one card in his back row, but he wouldn't be able to activate it if it was a trap, nor could he Target Silent Magician with it. But the other 2 were fair game.

Hariel looked at back at that single card and frowned. Damn it, she thought. Shed take the chance.

"Silent Magician attack the face down card!" Hariel said as the white clad magician raised her staff and shot a beam of bright light at the card.

Hariel waited for Marik to activate the back card but all she saw him do was throw his head back and laugh.

"Man Eater Bug!" Marik said loudly as Hariel looked wide eye at her field.

"No." Hariel gasped out. Marik was laughing madly.

"None of your monsters are protected from monster effects!" Marik said as he looked between the three monsters on her side of the field.

"I think ill have your Doopleganger destroyed and sent to the graveyard." Marik said, as he pointed at Emerald Magician girl of Mischief. Hariel  bit her lip to keep from yelling as She heard a scream of pain and then her magician was destroyed. 

"Damn it!" Hariel said, She heard Mokuba yell out her name.

"Its okay! You can do it!" The little boy said, Hariel smiled gently at him and then saw his brother nod once. She nodded back. She turned towards the duel to see a cruel smirk on Marik' s face.

That card had to be a trap. She thought eyeing it distastefully. That's why he got rid of her Emerald Magician girl.

"I end my turn!" Hariel growled out as both Magicians looked angry aswell. They could probably sense their mistresses anger.

The duel was just heating up, both types of magic were stirring and it would be a beautiful disaster when they finally collide.

A/n
1261 words. Sorry about that false alarm I pressed publish on accident so that made me type faster! I hope you all enjoy let me know if anything needs explaining! Thank you all for the votes, the comments and the adds to your lists! It means the world to me!