Ch. 9 A Bonz to pick with Ryou

Hariel was sipping on a green tea smoothie as Ryou seemed to be prowling, they were running out of time, they didn't seem to find a duelist with any locator cards, so they were cutting through the cemetery to get closer to the Kaiba dome. Hopefully they could find one person for Ryou to duel.

Hariel felt oddly at peace here, the quiet stillness, the sun was setting and the wind was blowing gently.

Hariel closed her eyes, that's when she felt arms wrapping around her shoulders and a hand covering her mouth. Terror ran though Her body as fast as lightening striking groind. Her eyes snapped open to see Ryou looking so angry, that his eyes looked like hell flames.

"Release her!" Ryou ordered as she began to struggle in their grips. She gritted her teeth in fustration, her wand was in her boot since she couldn't wear the duel disk and her wand holster on her right arm. These had to be muggles. She thought as she saw the glow of a duel disk from the corner of her eye.

"We want to duel first. And if you win, you get your girlfriend back." Someone said, behind her. She jerked in suprise. Her and Ryou? She looked at him with wide eyes

"She's Joey Wheelers cousin, a friend. Now let her go. Now before I get really angry." Ryou growled out. Hariel grunted out as the person holding her tightened their grip on her.

The racing of her own heart was going to give her a panic attack. She tried to take a deep breath but the hand covering her mouth was in the way. She was getting tired of this, She thought and bit into the hand covering her mouth. She tasted dirt and sweat, something She was familiar with sadly enough,  memories of fighting for her life flashed through her mind.

"Bloody pricks!  Let go of me!" She yelled out as the hand covering her mouth jerked away from her. She threw her head back and felt it collide with someone's nose.

"Ow, Bonz I think she broke my nose," a muffle cry from the man holding her.

The arms that were around her let go quickly and she ran to Ryou, unknowing aiming for his arms, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and she relaxed.

Why did that unnerved her so much? She faced Voldemort, Death eaters, giant spiders, a basalisk, a nesting mother dragon, but the thought of being grabbed from behind terrified her? She frowned at herself and summoned all of her Gryffindor courage.

"Stay behind me Hariel. I'll deal with this." Ryou,said as she stepped to the side, she felt the urge to grab her  wand and hex them as she finally saw 3 men that held her.

A gaunt  looking child with spiky dark blue hair , a red hair with glasses and a beefy looking bruenette.

"I'll duel you if the offer stands." Ryou said as he activated his duel disk, the gaunt looking child stepped forward and grinned maliciously.

"Oh you'll be joining the dead soon." He said. Ryou smirked and drew his 5 cards. 

The duel began and without Hariel noticing the normal duel turned sinister.

"You still have the chance to flee." The gaunt kid said. Ryou smirked and began to laugh. Hariel felt a shiver run up her spine.

This didn't feel right, she thought as Ryou's hair seemed to grow spiky. His face looked sharper than usual and his eyes were a dark red.

"Duel!" They both said, as they drew their 5 cards.

Hariel made sure to keep distance from the two not dueling. She didn't want them to force Ryou to surrender just because she might get captured.

"My turn!" The gaunt looking child said as he smirked.

"Get him Bonz!" The two boys on the side cheered. Hariel kept quiet, Ryou would win.

Her head began to pound, blood rushing through her ears, black was edging around her eyes. She blinked once, her eyes losing focus.

"Ry?" Hariel said as she fell, and then nothing.

×with ?Ryou? Or is it? ×

Yami Bakura saw the girl drop and nodded to himself. He didn't want her to see what he was about to do. Normally he wouldn't have cared, but this girl, this regular human girl had creeped her way into his list of people he wouldn't harm. And that list before only had 1 person on it. His host.

"Oh crap! Bonz the girl fainted." The large male said, as if to walk towards her. Yami Bakura snarled, they were killing his good will and patients.

"Touch her and I'll send you to the shadow realm." Bakura growled out. The two not dueling ignored him and went to pick her up when he sneered. And allowed the tight control of the shadows slip as it crept towards the two on the side line. 

"Bonz what do we d- what the heck is this!" The red head asked as the shadows crept up his body.

"I warned you." Was all Bakura said as the Shadows swallowed the two up. Their screams fueling his sadisticness.

Bonz was more wide eye then usual and Bakura smirked. 

"I need that locator card. So surrender and hand it over and if you leave in 5,seconds I'll allow you to continue exsisting." Bakura said. He held up his hand and Bonz quickly threw his locator cards at him. Bakura grew annoyed and allowed the shadows to slowly creep up his body.

"You said I could leave!" Bonz screeched. Bakura chucked as he bent at the waist to pick up the 3 locator cards, that he seemed to have. 2 more than he needed but that works well for him.

"If you handed them to me i would've let you, but you threw them."Bakura said shrugging as Bonz began to shriek in pain. The shadows made quick work of the gaunt teenager and Bakura regained control of the shadows.

He made his way towards the fallen girl and shook his head. He picked her up, making sure to keep her head elevated.

As he walked out of the cemetery they had home through, beeping sound was heard on his duel disk. They were the same coordinates that Hariel had gotten. He was in the Battle City finals!

Now all he had to do was beat Yugi and get that Egyptian god card and give it to Marik.

That was the original plan that he had made with the foreigner but he hadn't been expecting for Hariel to stay with him or for her to be in the finals. But Kaiba was throwing wrenches in the plan. 

So he had to improvise, he thought as he slipped on his "host" face as he neared the Kaiba dome. He still carried the girl, but she was slowly stirring.

Atleast he knew he could lie on his feet, and do it well. He thought as confused green eyes stared up at him.

She looked like she was going to say something but she seemed to be fighting the sleep the shadows had her in. But luckily for him they'd hold her just a but longer. He thought as the bright lights of the Kaiba dome drew near.

His destiny starts here. He would do all that was necessary to achieve his goal.

A/N
This is kinda short, compared to my other chapters. But I was trynna get this out for you all. I hope you enjoy.  Let me know if you see any typos or anything like that. Thank you all to those who read and vote💙 means alot to me