Ch. 13 Guarding the Spirit of Friendship

Hariel's duel would happen after Mai's and Kaiba. Shed be going against that Nomu kid, And before them it would be Joey and Marik, Yes she wanted to cheer for her sorta friend Kaiba  and her cousin but she had to check on Ryou. He had almost died and it seemed she was the only one worried about him.

After the team of doctors brought him down to his room, not one of his friends said a word about checking on him or asking of he was okay.

She was angry at how weak she was feeling. Even fighting Voldemort had never gotten her this drained before. She looked at the door number Kaiba had told her to look for and she spotted it 3 doors away.

She felt unsure of what she'd find when the sliding door opened, but she had made her choice.

She felt her stomach tighten in knots as she now stood infront of the door of the room that held the white haired boy.

"Now or Never Potter." She whispered to herself as the door slid open and there laid Ryou, he had a breathing mask on, and wires were connected all over his body, but a montiter showed his heartrate which was steady.

She noticed a recliner with a fuzzy blanket and what looked like snacks by the side table.

She arched an eyebrow but she wouldn't look a gift hippogriff in the mouth as the old saying went.

She sighed as she moved the blanket from the chair and sat.

She stared at the abnormally pale boy, as she saw his chest moving up in down in a soothing  rhythm for Hariel.

"You could've died." Hariel whispered, "this card game could've killed someone and they all think I'm crazy for overreacting." Hariel muttered angrily, her eyes taking in the bandages on his cheeks. She hasn't noticed that he had been slightly injured. But then again she was focused and trying to make him breathe.

She sighed, this game had gotten dangerous and quickly.  One minute they were just competing to be "King of Games" And now it seemed they were fighting for their lives. 

Ryou looks like an angel like this. Hariel thought fondly, until  she noticed how sickly and frail he really was. Those large purple bags under his eyes showed just how exhausted he was.

She sighed and brushed some of his bangs from his face.

"Even if you had been possessed Yugi shouldnt have done that." Hariel said softly, as a small screen next to the bed showed that joey was dueling that Tattooed man, Marik. 

She looked out the window to see the lights from the buildings below.

This seemed to be one of the citys that never sleeped.

She looked towards the screen to see Joey had brought out a large spider like creature and she winced. Insect queen, the card said.

Joey seemed to have 2000 life points and Marik had 1000. It looked like Joey would win, but sometimes duels werent so cleanly cut.

Before she could even finish her thought, she felt an amplified anger that if she hadnt been sitting she was sure it wouldve knocked her to her knees.

Hariel gasped in shock at the screen to see the Marik man was trying to  summon a large golden bird, but it was angry. So angry, that it was refusing to be summoned. She had heard Kaiba mention this card. This must be The Winged Dragon of Ra. One of the 3 eygptian god cards.

Hariel watched It screech in rage and disapeared from her sight. She wasnt even sure if it had been brought forth but lightining was sprinkling the dueling field, as the angered god card acted out what seemed to be its revenge by striking out everyone involved in the duel. Including her cousin Joey.

First Marik was struck down, he seemed aceepting of this fate. And Joey was struck next as he was making his way over to Marik, her guess was to see if Marik was okay. Her cousin Joey really did have a big heart. But that wpukd be his downfall, she thought as hed heart skipped in beat in panic.

Hariel watched with terrified eyes as Joey was called the winner and the medics were once again called to the dueling area. They put both Marik and Joey on strechers and seemed to be carrying them out. The transmission ended.

"I dont understand. I thought this was supposed to be a game." Hariel muttered softly as she try to clear her thoughts.

Joey and Mariks duel ended with Joey being tje winner, next it would be Mai and Kaiba, and finally Her duel would be last it seems.

Now all she had to do was wait. As she closed her eyes to try and ready herself.

Believe in us and we wont lead you wrong. She heard someone whisper as she opened her eyes. Noone was there,  and she felt a chill run down her spine. What was going on? She thought as she looked down at Ryou to see his eyelashes were fluttering.

"Ryou?" She whispered weary of being to loud to hurt his hearing amd or head.

Ryou made no other movement and Hariel sighed in disapointment.

"Hariel? I knkw you saud not to come near Ryou, but Joey was hurt in his duel." she heard Tea's voice outside the door.

Hariel got up slowly and unlocked the door to see a tired looking Tea.

"Ill go check on my cousin. Will you olease sit with Ryou?" Hariel asked softly, Tea nodded and Hariel bowes in thanks.

Hariel walked down the hallway to see the doctors connecting both Joey and Marik yo machines and she felt terrible. She could've stopped Joey from being hurt. She thought, as she saw Serenity crying over the semi lifeless body of my cousin.

"Hariel." Yugi said,  as they finally noticed her. She rolled her eyes and focused on her big cousin.

"Is he stable?" Hariel asked, the doctor, as she felt a dark presence fill the air. Her magic wrapping around herself to protect her from whatever this was.

It felt vile and slimey and she did not like it. Not at all.

A/N

I accidentally pressed publish before i was finished so sorry about that, so i decided to type this out quickly. Its 1044 words, not my best but writers block is kicking my butt. Thank you all for the votes amd adds to reading lists and comments they mean the world to me💙💙 ill try and have the next chapter up in a week or 2