chapter 10

Clarks pov

I was still so furious at Xander my hands shook. He left me- He left me to fend for myself- thinking he and both my parents were dead.

I was completely alone.

Now he comes back just expecting me to love him again to go back to what we were. We were so close once. I trusted him. I'd have jumped into fire to save him. Right now, I'm not sure I'd even spit at him.

Ugh. I tug angrily at my curls. The same black curls Xander had. His hair had grown and he slimmed down, but we were still as alike as two peas in a pod.

"Aidan?"

"What?" I bark, my eyes snapping up to meet the voice.

They widen as they take in Leah.

Living, breathing, beautiful Leah.

I hardly take in a breath before rushing to her, desperate to be with her.

I step back as she flinches and kick myself. 

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I cough awkwardly.

"You're here." I say lamely.

Really, is that the best you can do?

Leah licks her lips. "So I am." The air is thick with unsaid words.

"Leah about earlier-" I begin

"Your brother." She cuts me swiftly off. "He sent me."

"What about him?" I say agitated. I don't want to talk about Xander right now. I want to talk about us.

"He's sorry."

I scoff. "Like I haven't heard that one before. This isn't the first time he's played dead."

Leah cocks her head, frowning slightly. She looks so cute.

Screw it. Screw manliness.

I take a step towards her, closing the distance between us. She resists me, pressing further into the wall. My lips are millimetres away from hers.

"Aidan, what are you-"

"I missed you." I confess. "I miss us. So can we stop talking about Xander for a second. What about us?" I say softly, my hands caressing her cheek.

She trembles beneath my touch. "What were you going to say before the drug hit?" I say firmly.

"N- nothing." She denies, defensively crossing her arms.

"You sure?" I say.

I can't hold back anymore. I give in and begin to pepper her collarbone with light kisses.

I hear her breath hitch between kisses.

"Ye- no no I'm not." She admits, her voice steadily rising as I progress. I smile against her skin. "Then what?" I say sneakily, drawing up to my lovebite.

She lets out a supressed groan as I nip the soft flesh.

"I-" she gulps. "I can't Aidan."

"Can't or won't?" I say, finally pulling away.

Leahs eyes are glued to mine. "Come on, don't do this to me."

"I'm here to talk about your brother. You need to forgive him." She says, her eyes pleading with me desperately.

"I don't have to do anything, Leah." I sigh, weakened by her puppydog eyes. "Why should I have anything to do with him, huh? He left me, don't you get that? He didn't care." My voice is laced with an unhideable hurt.