1|radioactive

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
chapter one
RADIOACTIVE
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

I used to dreamI used to glance beyond the starsNow I don't know where we areAlthough I know we've drifted far

I used to dream
I used to glance beyond the stars
Now I don't know where we are
Although I know we've drifted far

-michael jackson;earth song

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

ALTHEA's eyes wandered on the pages of the book she has already read hundreads of times but it was the only book she had in her cell.

It was the first Harry Potter volume,it was a book that Jake Griffin recommended to her in fifth grade at a party once.
She read all the volumes but the first one always held a special place in her heart.

It was the only book she had the chance to get when she got arrested.It reminded her of the magic of childhood.
And she had a week left of her life,in which she wanted to feel like a child again.

The grey door opened to reveal two guards entering the cell.
"Prisoner three-two-zero,face the wall."one of them said in a harsh tone.
"Or what?"Althea asked in an annoyed tone as she flipped a page of her book.
"Do it now or you'll regret it."

She scoffed and got up,she faced the wall when the other one opened a box,she glanced at it quickly,noticing some metal wristbands.

"What are you doing with those?"she asked a bit of worry in her voice.
She didn't get a vocal answer,only she felt the guard grabbing her wrist,she panicked and out of instinct kicked the guard with her leg.

Use what dad taught you.
That was the only thought racing in her mind a she attacked the guard.

She escaped the other guard's arms and exited the cell.
The bright light made her blink repeatedly before seeing many other prisoners of the Sky Box being taken out of their cells too.

"What the hell?"she whispered as she looked and one cell away there was Clarke Griffin,hugged by her mother Abby Griffin.
"Clarke!"she shouted.
Clarke looked up teary eyed as she gasped and fell numb in her mother's arms.

Althea's eyes wide opened confused,what was going on?
"Clarke."she whispered as she saw her friend getting carried away on a stretcher.

She felt her hand being grabbed and then her shoulders by someone else.
She tried to yank away but it was too late.

A stingy pain entered her skin as the wristband was being fixed on her wrist making her feel like little needles entered her skin.

The redhead strapped herself to a chair after being led into a dropship along with other delinquents.
The seat next to her was taken by a slim brunette girl.