t r a c k 1 8

EIGHTEEN

-

"USE PROTECTION!" Jaemin yelled, climbing into Renjun's car while waving at the two youngest.

"HYUNG STOP IT!" Jisung yelled back, embarrassed at Jaemin's remark.

The boys were going back to their separate homes, and Jaemin decided to go along with Jeno and Renjun. Jisung already knew what that meant, so he didn't even question it when Jaemin didn't follow him into the house.

Chenle was too 'tired' to go back home, so he was just going to stay at Jisung's. It wasn't like the younger minded anyways, because they had a lot to talk about after everything that happened today.

The two boys bid the others farewell before they entered Jisung house. It was obvious that the air around became a bit tense and awkward, as they came to the realization that they were alone.

Visions of what happened in the practice room and at the performance left the boys with a lot on their minds. Thoughts of each other, to be more specific though.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom, be right back." Chenle said, and rushed to the small room, locking himself inside with his raging thoughts.

Jisung eyes was left in the spot where Chenle last stood.

Everything that happened was too surreal to the young male. The confession, the tears, the flowers. Chenle himself.

He placed his hand to his chest, feeling his heart beat out of control. Just the mere thought of him drove Jisung crazy. It was insane how far he has fallen for Zhong Chenle, and to hear the latter also had feelings for him, Jisung was deemed speechless.

Nothing could compare to how elated and lovestruck he was.

By the time he snapped out of his thoughts, he realized that he was already in his room. He shook his head and ruffled up his brown orange locks, causing some left over flower petals to fall onto his bedroom floor.

Looking them reminded him of the time he took Chenle to the flower garden to cheer him up. He remembered how they laid in the field of gorgeous polychromatic flowers. He sighed dreamily, smiling at the thought.

Chenle is a gem. Nothing could compare to the male. Everything about him seemed like a fairy tale. Jisung couldn't even start to name the countless things he loved about the elder male. From the moment the met each other when they were little, Jisung had already knew he liked Chenle, just not in a romantic way yet.

Over time, the feelings grew like the sunflowers that blossomed to have the sun smile down on them. He was struck with devastation when Chenle started to talk about some girl he liked, which was Jieun.

The thing was, the day Chenle decided to confess to Jieun, was the same exact day he was going to confess to him. With a small bouquet in hand, he had walked over to Chenle's locker after school.

Before he could say anything, Chenle spilled that he was going to confess to Jieun that same day. And to say the least, Jisung's heart broke. Inside, everything was a mess of negative emotions. Outside, a feigned smile was plastered stiffly onto his face.

The elder asked what was he hiding behind his back, and Jisung chuckled nervously thinking of ways to play this failed attempt off.

"They're for you to give Jieun when you confess. Yeah, I was going to tell you to grow some balls and confess today, but I guess you beat me to it." He had said, nervously laughing it off.

Chenle thanked Jisung, a bright smile etched on his features as he gratefully took the bouquet of flowers Jisung held out for him. He wanted to say it was for him, not for Jieun. But, he didn't.

He left school with a broken spirit and a shattered heart that day.

Then, his thoughts of having Chenle to himself slowly deteriorated, that thought only existed in his fantasies.

So having Chenle admit that he had feelings for him, Park Jisung, was ground breaking news. He still couldn't believe it.

"Why are you sitting on the floor looking at flower petals?" Chenle's voice broke him out of his millionth daze today.

The younger looked up to see the elder looking down at him with a questioning look.

"I'm just thinking." He replied.

"About what?"

"You."

With that, Chenle's cheeks blossomed with rose red. He averted his gaze elsewhere and rubbed the nape of his neck. "You really know how to make my heart feel like it's about to explode huh?"

"I guess." Jisung rose to his feet, taking some petals along with him.

He stood in front of the male, taking note of every detail on the latter's face. His flushed cheeks, his shy filled eyes, his nervous lip biting habit; just everything.

"Stop looking at me Ji." The elder whined, covering his face with his hands.

"How can't I?" Jisung gently removed the hands that were covering the boy's face,"I've been wanting to freely look at you like this for a long time you know?"

"Can I ask you something, hyung?" The elder male's gaze tentatively looked up at the taller male, and crap, he felt like melting.

"Go a-ahead." He was stumbling over his words, and boy was he embarrassed.

"You know how you always kiss me on the cheeks, nose, forehead, and etc.?"

Chenle responded with a nod, not trusting his voice at the moment.

"C-Can...Can I do the same to you?"

It took a while for the elder male to comprehend the younger's words. A burst of bliss exploded in his chest and he could pinpoint exactly why. This was what he had wanted for the longest time.

To be with Jisung.

To shower the younger in the utmost affection.

To be there for him when he needed comfort or a companion.

To love him unconditionally.

Eyes softening, he let the corners of his mouth lift up in a genuine smile, then he responded with, "Of course you can."

-🐥-

finals are this week y'all
can't wait to be in one class
for 2 hours straight im—