t r a c k 2 8

TWENTY-EIGHT

-

Jisung's heart was beating ferociously against his chest as he sprinted by the buildings of Seoul. Without another thought in mind except for Chenle, he sped through crowds of people. He would've gotten hit by a car if he weren't running so fast.

When he made it to the hospital building, he continued his trip inside right up to the front desk.

"Zhong Yue. Is there a patient under the name of Zhong Yue here?" He breathed out, panting profusely due to his run.

After Chenle's father's short talk, he was given a bit more information before the man hung up. Jisung was informed that Chenle wasn't hurt in any way physically, that it was in fact his mother. He then just ran out of the house, with the others yelling out for him.

"Are you here with a guardian of some sort?" The man asked from behind the desk.

"Zhong Jianyu. He's already here, but he's expecting me so please let me through." Jisung pleaded.

Taking pity on the teenager, he let him through, telling him the room number and floor. Jisung showed his gratitude with a grateful thank you along with a rushed bow.

The male started to jog to his destination, making sure to be cautious of his surroundings.

'What could've happened to Mrs. Zhong?' He asked himself, thinking of any possible reason why the woman would be at a hospital.

To Jisung, Yue was like a mother to him whenever his own mother wasn't home. Before Jaemin came into his life, it was her that took care of him and Chenle. Making sure they were healthy and happy.

She was a complete sweetheart.

Then came the news of her arrest. It shocked Jisung to the core, leaving him completely flabbergasted. During that time, him and Chenle leaned on each other for emotional support.

He heard about her being transferred to a correctional institution, and he was elated by the news. But now, everything seemed to be crumbling down once again.

"Jisung, my boy!" Jianyu's voice snapped Jisung out of his daze.

Directing his gaze to he man standing by the door, he automatically sped up a bit until he was in front of him. "What happened to mama?"

"She...She shot up. We were lucky to have found her when we did, because there is a chance of her surviving now. But, it's a very small chance according to the doctor." He explained to Jisung.

Jisung's eyes wandered to the door's window, and he could see Chenle sitting in a chair next to his mother. Staring blankly while holding onto her wired hand.

"He's been like that ever since the doctor let us in."

"C-Can I go in?"

Getting a nod of approvement from Chenle's father, Jisung opened the door quietly. As he walked in, he got a better view of Chenle's mother. Her skin was as pale as ever, and he didn't even want to start with the sight of wires going in and out of her body.