Chapter 1

Bored, Bakugo stared out of the window, watching as the other half of his class were doing laps of the field outside. The class teacher, Mr Aizawa, droned on at the front of the classroom about the responsibilies of Alphas.

A lecture they'd all heard a million and one times.

Sighing, Bakugo let his head fall onto the table. Ten minutes to go until the end of the lesson. He could do it.

It was strange not having half the students he'd grown up with in the same class, but that's how it was for their age group. Classes were split based on secondary genders once students hit 15, as that's when presenting usually began. Now 18, he was nearly done with school and ready to hunt for a mate.

Obviously, Bakugo was in the class designated for Alphas. He hadn't even opened the letter telling him what his secondary gender was, and nobody had asked. It was always clear what he'd present as.

"Katsuki? Are you still with us?" Mr Aizawa asked, and a few students sniggered.

A mumbled "yeah, whatever" was the response.

"As you should all be aware, we have a new student joining us later today. Actually, he should be here any minute. I know you're all Alphas and get very territorial as a result of your secondary gender, but at least attempt to make him feel welcome, for my sanity if nothing else"

Almost in unison, the class replied with a "yes sir!". Bakugo just sighed. A new Alpha, what a pain.

"Hey, Bakubro! You look tried, maybe you should get some more rest? Or, you know, go home?" Kirashima's worried voice sounded from the desk behind him.

"Shut it, idiot. I'm trying to get some rest, but it's hard with all these damn disturbances!"

Kirishima frowned, but didn't bother his best friend again. He was used to his shitty attitude by now.

A moment later, the door slammed open, hitting the wall with a loud thud.

"Ah, welcome. You must be the new Alpha that's joining us, please do take a seat" Mr Aizawa mumbled tiredly from his bright yellow sleeping bag.

Bakugo tensed. The Alpha's scent washed over him, and he suddenly felt a little too warm for comfort. He had to fight the urge to scent the air again, opting to take shallow breaths through his mouth instead.

No Alpha had ever caused a reaction in him before, ever. Maybe he was reacting to having his territory threatened by a new Alpha, like Aizawa had said might happen.

But the wetness forming between his legs worried him, hinting that his previous idea was not the case.

"Hey, Bakugo, is that you? Someone smells different... Almost... Omegan?" Todoroki asked, inhaling the air, sniffing in his direction.

"The window is open and the Omegas are outside doing sports, that'll be why" Kirishima pointed out, swinging in his chair. Todoroki frowned, but didn't press the subject.

Bakugo tried to suppress the strange feelings bubbling inside him, and almost succeeded, until he locked eyes with the new Alpha.

His eyes were slightly glazed, a predatory look in them as he stared back. A snarl rumbled past his lips as Kirishima grabbed Bakugo's arm and dragged him past the Alpha, out of the door and into the corridor.

"Disruptive brats" Aizawa sighed.

"Bakugo? Hey, look at me!" He demanded, slamming the classroom door behind them.

When the boy turned to look at him, the panic was clear in his eyes.

"What's happening to me, Kiri? Why is my body responding like this?!"