[ 02 ]

T W O
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T W OTHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"WOULD YOU LIKE LISTEN to my rant?" Hyerin really wanted to say, "Not really

"WOULD YOU LIKE LISTEN to my rant?" Hyerin really wanted to say, "Not really." But that was not what she should say to someone who obviously was stressed. The male nodded at the response that wasn't given. "Well, where should I start?" He asked, stretching out his arms and taking a seat on the couch. Eyeing the back of her head, trying to figure out who she was. But her face was buried into the pillow she was 'sleeping' on. "I'm tired." He started off, Hyerin raised her brows, "Fucking same." She thought to herself.

"I'm tired of being used and wanted. I'm only known for my looks. People don't want me for me. For once I wish someone would say, "He has a nice voice," instead of "He is so handsome." Like is that the only thing that matters? In that case, what a terrible world we live in. Looks could only get me so far. I want to say, "Look at my personality rather than my looks." Isn't that what matters the most? What's in your heart? This is my last year of school. As cocky as it sounds, I want everyone to talk about something else other than me. God... imagine if you were awake and listening to this? You would think I'm more self-conceited than the rest of the guys in our school."

"Well... I am." She said in her mind, wondering as to who this guy was. The only thing she knew about him as of now was that he was a senior. It couldn't be Eunwoo, because he was surrounded by girls when she passed his classroom. Same with any other Astro members. Jihoon was talking to his friends, about her cousin Daniel. He along with his others friends, Park Woojin, Bae Jinyoung, Lee Daehwi and Lai Guanlin, were the second group of visuals after Astro. They were part of a school group called Wanna One, but the rest graduated. They six males were the only ones left. But the possibility it was Kim Mingyu, Eunwoo's close friend, was very likely. Hyerin didn't see him too much today. Although this voice wasn't as deep like Mingyu's was.

"Oh wow, we have three minutes before the bell. I probably should wake you up so you don't get late... I'll just quickly leave, I guess." The student walked towards her, a fresh, clean floral smell coming off him. He tapped her shoulder and shook it gently. "Wake up." He said softly, hoping to see the girl's face he ranted to before he left. But he saw nothing as he quickly left the terrace before being spotted. Hyerin snapped her eyes open, only able to see the legs of the student before he completely left her vision.

"Who are you, Mr. Visual? The guy who's wanted for his looks, huh? There are actually a lot of guys in this school who have placed in the school's visual line."

• • •

"Did you sleep well?" Jihoon asked, taking his seat in the row next to Hyerin's, yet he still sat next to her. Hyerin moved her eyes to the side, looking blankly at her good friend. "So is that a no?" He raised a brow at her empty expression. She rested her head in her hand as she explained what happened between the break, yawing a few times throughout it. "How does that even happen within ten minutes? It wasn't me by the way. I was talking to Woojin about Daniel hyung." He sent his famous wink towards Hyerin, who pretended to flick it away.

But the girls who were staring him down let out 'quiet' squeals and squeaks. "Talking about Daniel hyung, is he okay now? I had to hear it from Woojin that his ex-girlfriend took his cats with her." Hyerin thought back to her cousin, letting a sigh escape her lips. "I guess. I mean he still has Peter, Rooney and Ori. But Donghan let one of his other cats accidentally die because it ran away and got hit by a car. So... I would say it's been pretty rough for the guy."

Jihoon gaped at the girl, "What a cruel life." He stated simply, pouting at the news sadly. "That fucking noona! I'm nineteen, does she wanna square up?" Hyerin smiled sarcastically, "I don't think the twenty-four-year-old unnie wants to fight a childish eighteen-year-old." He pinched her arm, squinting his eyes at his friend. "I'm nineteen, you fight me?" She winced at his tough grip on her skin, "You're technically eighteen! Don't start a fight you can't finish, Jihoon. I'm three months older than you." She slapped away his hand, initiating a play fight between them.

But it quickly stopped when someone cleared their throat. The whole class turned towards the door. "Ms. Saeng!" Everyone was quick to bow towards their homeroom teacher. The teacher smiled softly, holding her books and sheets towards her chest. All of the students in the room eyed six familiar students behind her. "Students, there's been a bit of change in the rolls. You don't mind if Jinwoo and Myungjun join us, do you?"

• • •

"Man.. we were so close to getting Eunwoo." Hyerin and Woojin looked over at Jihoon, who wiped the nonexistent sweat off his forehead. "Phew! Thank fucks for that!" He whispered, eyeing whether the Maths teacher's attention was actually on the class or not. The two Busan-born friends exchanged curious looks and then looked back at their Masan neighbored friend. "Why do you even care?" Woojin asked, loud enough for only them three to hear.

"We're the visuals of this class. We didn't need someone to ruin that in a snap of a second. Him and his goddamn crescent eyes and pearly white teeth." Jihoon pointed to himself and Woojin, before attending to his notes again. Hyerin rolled her eyes blankly, while taking her notes she spoke, "Someone's salty." She sniffed, rubbing the tip of her nose to play with Jihoon. "It's a bit excessive." A voice from behind them stated, "I reckon. We're not Eunwoo but we aren't that bad, are we?"

Myungjun smiled widely at the three students in front of him. Hyerin and Woojin sent continuous glares to Jihoon with their nervous and awkward smiles. "No no! You're fine." She spluttered, not really wanting her life to be ruined by the females of her school.

"We're just fine?" Jinwoo teased a bit more, finding the nervous expressions of the three students, especially Hyerin, humorous. "I mean unless you want me to tell you're handsome. It's a bit self-conceited." She said lowly, her whole demeanor changing within seconds. Jinwoo took a glance at her name tag, "Well, Ahn Hyerin. I'll take that into consideration." He suppressed his small cheeky smirk. She turned around to face Mr. Hwang, being attentive towards his teaching. "I hope you do. Maybe you'll realize you aren't what you think you are." Myungjun cocked his head to the side, "And what do we think we are?" Woojin snapped his eyes to the egotistical males.

"People who think they can do anything and get away with it because they have everything. You've convinced the whole of this district that all six of you're these humble and down-to-earth rich boys. But secretly you live off this popularity. You thrive for attention. You might not know it. See? Money... fame... it really has corrupted you. This is the only way you can survive now."