[ 24 ]

T W E N T Y  -  F O U R
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T W E N T Y  -  F O U R THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"ARE YOU AND EUNWOO oppa dating?" Hyerin choked on her ramyeon, sending her into a coughing fit

"ARE YOU AND EUNWOO oppa dating?" Hyerin choked on her ramyeon, sending her into a coughing fit. Eunwoo quickly poured a cup of water and handed it to her. She gulped down the drink quicker when she felt him rub her back comfortingly. She cleared her throat, not daring to look up at the male's amused expression. "We aren't." Her hoarse voice told the three kids, making gasps escape their small mouths. "Hyung, neo jagi namja chingu ni? (Brother, are you her boyfriend?)" Sian asked him with a gaping expression washing onto her face. This time it was Eunwoo who was coughing on the spring breeze. Seola and Sua patted his back reassuringly. "We aren't together... yet." He whispered the last part so only him and Hyerin could hear it.

She pressed her lips on a line, pretending to not hear it and serving the three kids one last plate before letting them play around the terrace. "I'm sure their parents make a lot of money, considering their dad is a national football striker, but why do they live here? No offense or anything." He asked her, watching the children squeal and run around. Hyerin winced at how bad he sounded, "Donggook samchon (uncle) isn't to fond of living in a famous environment. He's very humble. If he wants celebrities, he just invites them over to show off such a bonded neighborhood."

Eunwoo stared into her eyes for every word she said, even when she moved her face completely, his eyes weren't off her for even a second. Hyerin could feel her heart pounding yet again. Was this the feeling of liking someone? Or was it something else. But she had said it before herself, "Love is the happiest and saddest moments of life. Love is much more deeper than the looks, personality and flesh. It's the heart. And every love story begins with a relationship. Love... love is friendship." And then she thought upon what she had said to him before and elaborated. "If they can't be your friend. You can't be in love with them. Because without friendship, love can't happen." Hyerin whispered what her mother had told her under her breath, taking a quick glance at the male who had ended up running after the screaming children.

She knew that she couldn't spend her life trying to answer these questions she had. But she also knew that if she were to get hurt, her trust in people would be completely shattered. But was this the factor she had to risk? To sacrifice her heart in return for someone else's? She guessed so. "Don't I deserve a chance?" She asked herself, looking at the night sky. And as if fate why trying to tell her her something, one of the stars twinkled brightly. Like they were saying, "You do."

Did Ahn Hyerin have the courage to sacrifice her heart?

  • • •

 "Can we talk?" Seolhyun asked Hyerin in the girls' bathroom

"Can we talk?" Seolhyun asked Hyerin in the girls' bathroom. The short-haired female glanced around, wondering if the girl was really talking to her. "Yep... I'm talking to you." She nodded at the new girl, the gesture telling her to continue. "Preferably can we talk somewhere less crowded?" She asked her senior, rubbing her arm awkwardly. A nod came from the Busan girl again, both females making their way to a familiar place. Hyerin stood on the terrace, taking a seat like she usually did. "So what did you want to talk about? The last time we 'talked' was when you stole my watermelon." She said dryly, looking out into the distance.

Seolhyun put her brown hair behind her ears and pressed her lips, "Yeah... about that... I'm not sorry." The black-haired girl turned to face her, "Mwo? (What?)" She huffed in a humorous tone, narrowing her eyes on the girl who smirk irked her. "Deul-eo bwa (Listen up), what's your relationship with Eunwoo?" She asked the girl informally, watching her grind her jaw in annoyance. "No 'unnie', huh? Why do you care, ssibalnom-a (fucker)?" Seolhyun sighed at the sound of her swearing, her anger already rising.

"Listen, you sick fuck. Stay away from him. Admitted he's my ex, but I will get him and his pretty face back." Seolhyun poked her shoulder, pushing her back a bit. Hyerin clicked her tongue before letting out a scoff. "So you just want him for his looks and money? Do you really think he'll fall for that?" Hyerin pushed the new girl's forehead with the tip of her finger. "Well, it wouldn't matter. Because someone like you has no chance. Fat, hideous, short and tan. You look poor, you rat! Why would he fall for you? I moved here for him, and I will get him." The Busan female clenched her jaw, cracking her neck for a second.

"Do you seriously think that you can move here, bitch around and get with him? Sorry, sweetie. You've come to the wrong school. I couldn't care less but the girls here will fucking annihilate you. And if you think I'm all those things, just remember that out of all the girls in this school, you're threatening me." Seolhyun snickered, pulling hard on Hyerin's cheek. She used her free hand to wrap around Hyerin's wrist tightly. "So what?"

"What I mean is. If you're talking to me out of all the girls who actually have a chance with Eunwoo, doesn't that mean I'm the threat? I scare you. I make uncomfortable. Meaning, as long as I'm near Eunwoo or Astro for that matter, I will always fuck up your mind. If that's the case, then stay tuned. Because if you're planning to make my life hell, remember that I'm the devil in disguise. And if your 'D grade' brain doesn't get it, I'm saying that I control the hell you make. So, I'll look forward to our discussions."