[ 10 ]

T E N
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T E N THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"BEFORE YOU JUST SAID you disliked wealth

"BEFORE YOU JUST SAID you disliked wealth. If you don't mind me asking, why do you dislike it so much?" Eunwoo asked her, watching her gather the little kids for dinner. Seating them down, Hyerin looked at him. "When I was twelve and Hyesoo was eight, our father left us for a woman who had everything. It effected Hyesoo so much because of her close bond with him. But I was very distant from him. The fact he left us for money made me hate him even more. My mother's happy love story came to a terrible crash. She never got to live her happy ever after." Eunwoo served the kids their practice chopsticks along with the dumplings as they all sat on the terrace floor. "I'm sorry I asked. That was a bit insensitive." He apologized but she shook her head, disregarding his apology. "Don't be. I couldn't care less. Just don't ever talk about that near Hyesoo. Depending on her mood, she'll either get really angry or start crying." She laughed lightly, a faint smile gracing his face.

Before Eunwoo took a bite of his picked up dumpling, he spoke, "If your mom couldn't get her happy ever after, her love story... do you still want one?" Hyerin paused her stance, taking a look at the attentive listeners. "E-Eat your food." She fumbled over her words, feeling bewildered as they went back to laughing and eating. The male still stared at her, waiting for her response. A staggered sigh escaped her lips, "I don't know... after my parents I don't know if I believe love exists. But I do believe I can have a happy ever after without it."

• • •

"Hyerin-ah

"Hyerin-ah... do you think love is a ploy? To capture someone's heart and then just break it?" Eunwoo asked the sleeping figure. Who was actually wide awake, thinking on how the hell the guy knew her name. Especially when she didn't know his. It dawned on her that when she genuinely fell asleep that day, she might've slept on the side of her face. Maybe that's why he knew. "Truth be told, I don't know. I want to believe in love. But I need to understand it before I believe in it." He dragged a desk chair next to her desk, making Hyerin bury her head further into her pillow. Eunwoo took a side-glance at the girl, "What is love?" He rested his chin in his hand, his gaze placing upon her.

"Love is the happiest and saddest moments of life. Love is much more deeper than the looks, personality and flesh. It's the heart. And every love story begins with a relationship. Love... love is friendship." She said a loud, stretching her arms out. Hyerin leaned back on the chair, eyes still closed but she could imagine the student's surprised face.

"You were listening the whole time?" He spluttered, she nodded with exhaustion. "You came up here just when I was about to fall asleep. So I listen all the other times too. Well, except for Wednesday. I actually fell asleep." Eunwoo smiled to himself, tracing his tongue of his bottom lip. "Do you know who I am yet?" He queried, tilting his head as he looked at her face. "Nope. But I have a few guesses." He raised his brows in interest, "Go on." He gestured even though she couldn't see him. A thoughtful expression washed onto her face.

"Based off the information you've given. That being the your 'visual' problem and your voice. So basically nothing. You, Mr. Visual, are either Kim Mingyu, any of the Astro members, more specifically Cha Eunwoo, or Bae Jinyoung. Although, I can't tell if this is because I'm exhausted or something, but you sound very similar to Cha Eunwoo," He froze when he heard his name being mentioned. He rubbed his neck, "You know you could find out right now, right?"

Hyerin nodded, her eyes still shut. "I don't think I want to find out. Unless you want me too." Eunwoo pondered over what she said, he quickly took out his phone to look at the date. "Okay. On the thirty-first of March, so in twenty two days, I'll reveal my identity." He proposed the idea, Hyerin swayed her head while thinking about the objective. "Sounds great and all, but I'm pretty sure the thirty-first lands on a Saturday. How will you find me?" She asked with unfeigned curiosity. Eunwoo laughed lightly, "Don't worry. Trust me. I will." With a nod, she spoke once again, "Okay, stranger. You might wanna leave first in that case. I assume the bell will ring soon, Mr. Visual."

• • •

"Do you like Hyerin?" Jihoon asked the male in front of him. "What?" He responded, baffled by the sudden even after being dragged around the corner by him. "I meant what I said. Do you like Hyerin?" Jinwoo raised a brow at him, "With what purpose are you asking this?" He retorted, taking a step towards him. Jihoon glanced at his feet and cleared his throat, "I don't know... maybe... just maybe because there has to be a reason why you've been at our throats for this week. Specifically speaking, at Hyerin." The blonde-haired Astro member shoved his hands in his pockets, tilting his head to the side. "What do fucking you think?" He avoided the trap set up for him. The Masan boy glowered at him, "I think you've liked her for a while now. Maybe since the end of middle school or the start so high school. And now that it's the last year, you're finally trying to make a move."

Jinwoo suppressed his amused smile, "And if I did?" Jihoon scowled at the sound of this sentence. "I'd ask you to watch out." Raising his brows, the blonde-haired male asked, "Why? Do you like her?" Jihoon scrunched his nose at the thought, finding every part of that sentence disgusting. "God no. She's like my sister. I'm just saying that Woojin, Daniel hyung and I will always be protecting her from cocky asses like yours. So either you quit your hobby of riling us up or you keep it up and continue to get on our bad side."

"Been fucking playing with hearts since 99', baby."

"You really are the worst one out of them."