[ 12 ]

T W E L V E
THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

T W E L V ETHIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

"WHEN IS DANIEL SAMCHON (Uncle) coming?" Sian whined, leaning his head on Hyerin's shoulder while she carried him

"WHEN IS DANIEL SAMCHON (Uncle) coming?" Sian whined, leaning his head on Hyerin's shoulder while she carried him. She looked down at the puppy eyes of Seola and Sua, who ever swinging around on her legs with boredom. "I know, I know. But he always late." She sighed, remembering the three miss calls she had given his thirty minutes ago. The three children and her sat outside the complex on a bench waiting for Kang Daniel. A boy who got dumped three months ago and got some of his cats stolen away from him.

"I actually don't even know why he's coming." She muttered to herself, considering that his mood's been off and on lately. A sweet little angel to an evil demon in seconds. "Noona? You know Eunwoo oppa? Are you dating?" Seola asked randomly with a nonchalant tone. Hyerin choked on the air around her. "What makes you think that, sweetie?" Sua removed her arms from the teenagers leg, hopping onto the bench and jumping around. "Because his eyes always turn like this when he smiles at you. He's always smiling at you!" She giggled loudly, turning her own eyes into crescents like he did.

"Does he now? I'll have to ask him about that. But we aren't." She told the kids, who pouted with light disappointment but still were frolicking around. "You were talking about me?" The male voice said, four packets of jellies appearing in front of them. "No we weren't." Hyerin took the packets from him, handing one out to each of them. "Then who the fu- fudge were you talking about?" Daniel asked, munching on his own gummy candy. "Eunwoo." She began getting the little kids seated into his car.

"Eunwoo? From middle school. God... I'm so old." The twenty-one-year-old groaned, helping Sua into her seat. Hyerin nodded sarcastically, "Yeah. Yet, you act like you're five. Why are you so late anyways?" Daniel poked his tongue out, hopping into the car once she was done. Staring up the vehicle, he spoke to the girls in the passengers seat. "I had to drop off my cats with Donghan. Samchon-eun mianhada. Naneun neuj-eossda. (Uncle is sorry, I was late.)" She narrowed her eyes at him, "Why would you leave your cats with Donghan? He pretty much got Podo killed." She scolded, praying for the passed away cat in the back of her head.

"Yeah but he didn't kill him. He just should've just kept an eye on Podo instead of playing Overwatch."

"I doubt he'll do the same with Peter, Rooney and Ori."

"You monster! Don't say inauspicious things like that!"

• • •

"Where did that asshole go with those angels now? I go to the bathroom once and this happens." Hyerin cursed at her luck, walking through Incheon Namdong Central Park like a loner. She pulled out her phone, dialing his number. It was ringing but he didn't pick up the call. "He's probably at the playground." She rolled her eyes, waking by the cherry blossoms with a smile. "Ah... yeppeuda. (Pretty.)" She clicked a quick photo of the flowers. Today was nice. The flowers matched the light spring breeze with the slightly warm temperature. Well, it was nice till Daniel decided to go AWOL with the little kids. And then the next worse thing happened. Hyerin passed the football field only to hear a familiar voice. "Hyerin-ah!" She inhaled slowly, shaking her head discreetly to herself. "Nope. No... not today. Please." The voice yelled her name again, running towards her. "Hey... Jinwoo." She replied unenthusiastically. "I fucking hate you God." She cursed internally. "Why are you here? Here to see me?" He asked her, waggling his brows at her. Her reflex from that was almost immediate, taking a step back.

"Fuck no. I wouldn't even put it on my list of 'things to do before I die'." Hyerin continued to walk forward, with Jinwoo walking backwards to face her. "You're really funny." He deadpanned, she nodded with no interest. "Thanks. I get that a lot." She retorted dryly, shoving her hands into the pockets of her jeans. "Hyerin-ah. Let's go out." And just when you think people couldn't get crazier... "Mwo? (What?) Which drama did you get this from?" He rolled his eyes at her question,

"You're so challenging towards me. Feisty and fierce. Let's date." He said simply, the statement rolling off his tongue smoothly. She laughed lightly, "Daebak. (Wow.) Neo... neo michyeoss-eo? (You... are you crazy?) I don't fit the standard to the girls you've dated before. I'm short, not that you could say much, what people call 'a bit chubby' and not sexy or girly. Stop lying." She chuckled at his face, speeding up her pace.

"Exactly! You're different." Hyerin let out a sigh, snapping her glowering eyes towards him. "Get the hell out of here with that bullshit. As if you don't sound like every other guy." She scoffed.

Jinwoo glanced at her with an amused smile. "But I'm not. So let's date, babygirl." His endearment dad hit her gag reflex. She choked in the air before regaining her calm and 'doesn't give a shit' demeanor. "So... are you saying you like me?" she smirked, looking behind his backward-walking figure. "I—" he cut himself off when he bumped into a towering figure. "I don't think so fucker," The deep voice said. Jinwoo looked up at the narrowing eyes. "Who the fuck are you?" Jinwoo asked, indifferent to the male's towering height. 

"Kang Daniel." 

The Astro member scouted his mind for the familiar name before the light bulb had lit up.

He tilted his head, staring at him up and down. Daniel exchanged a weird look with Hyerin, both of them asking what the fuck was going on. "Ahh... Kang Daniel. The cousin right? Heard a lot about you. The Astro before Astro." The twenty-one-year-old pushed the blonde-haired's shoulder. "It's actually Wanna One, don't forget the name. We still have have five representatives of it. Unless you wanna meet PD 101 S2. Those guys are vile."

"Whatever. Anyways, I was just asking out Hyerin over here. Do I need your permission to do so?" Daniel wiped the tip of his nose. "Yeah, you do. And I say... no. So go fuck off." He grabbed Hyerin's wrist and walked off.

"Man, you're the best cousin ever."

"I know."