Just A Spark {24}

***Rio’s POV***

                I opened my eyes and Ezra smiled and kissed me. I stretched and rested my head on his shoulder.

                “So do you feel old?” I asked.

                “Incredibly. My hips are giving out already,” he said.

                I rolled my eyes and sat up. “Well, come on then old man. I’m starving.”

                “You always wake up really hungry,” he said, laughing and getting out of bed with me.

                I led him out to the kitchen and my mom grabbed my shoulders. “Rio Mateo Snyder, I am going to super glue your glasses to your face!”

                I blinked in confusion. “Oh, oops, I guess I forgot them again. Ezra, can you go grab my glasses?”

                He nodded and laughed before leaving to get my glasses. He returned and handed them to me, and I put them on, clearing my vision.

                “Yep, that makes a difference,” I said.

                Mom sighed hopelessly. “What are you going to do when you’re at college?”

                “Fall down the stairs a lot,” I said, dropping into a chair at the table. Ezra took a seat next to me.

                “You drive me crazy,” mom said with a sigh.

                “Speaking of crazy, where’s Hank?” I asked.

                “The medicine he took last night made him really drowsy. He’s probably still asleep,” mom said as she began to make us waffles. “It’s good for him, though. He has a lot of trouble sleeping. Your father is sitting in there with him right now.” She smiled a little. “I’m glad he slept so late.”

                A few minutes later, she handed us both waffles. I drowned mine in syrup and began to shovel waffle into my mouth.

                Hank and dad came out when I was halfway through my breakfast. Hank’s hair was impossibly messy, but he looked a little better. The bags under his eyes weren’t as pronounced as usual.

                “Good morning Hank!” mom said with a smile. “Do you want waffles?”

                He nodded and sat across from us, running a hand through his messy hair and making it even worse. I raised an eyebrow at him.

                “Hank, I didn’t even know it was possible for someone to have such bad hair,” I said.

                “Shut up,” he mumbled, rubbing at his eyes, barely awake.

                “Rio, Ezra, what are you two up to today?” dad asked as he sat down with us.

                I shrugged. “Probably going to go bother Mitch,” I said. I glanced at Ezra. “Care to join me?”

                He smiled. “Sure!”

                “Rio, I need to talk to you,” Hank said, standing up.

                I mentally sighed as I got up and followed him out of the kitchen and down to his bedroom. He shut the door and shot me a suspicious look.