| Part 2 | The guest

-All things, big and small, start off with a small spark that soon grows-

"The guest" (2 months earlier)

The sound of keys being quickly tapped filled the stale air, with a poor posture, the black-haired girl slouched at her wooden desk and typed away at her laptop. Her fingers were stiff, sore and aching, shakily protesting in pain after enduring constant labor for hours on end. Beats of perspiration formed on her ghostly pale forehead, some slid down the side of her face and into her sweat soaked shirt, courtesy of staying indoors since the beginning of time.

The girl gave her full attention to the screen, especially her coding for a website that she was working on for a client, it wasn't the most paying job out there but a job nonetheless. Heck, who was she to complain? she could've gotten a better salary and a better job but it was too much for her mind to handle interviews and worst of all-interact with strangers-uh people in general.

A breath of cool air flowed into her room through the only window that would display the fluorescing tall trees that tower over the nearby houses as well as hers, a small stream of sunlight would make the occasional visit into her bedroom, bringing in a comforting warmth.

There was only one light bulb dangling from the greyish moldy ceiling, there was a single bed right beside a wooden closet t It was cold, shivers crawled up and down her spine, the girl wasn't even wearing a sweater for God sakes but it didn't matter as long as she finished this last site...then she'd get a deserving break for the next few days.

"Ah-finally" she let out a loud sigh and stretched her arms over her head, she pulled at her fingers to crack them and got up. *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

her phone vibrated loudly, crying for her attention, on her working desk. As soon as she grabbed it she checked her messages as she walked to her closet, which wasn't far considering her small, yet comfy, bedroom.

|MADDY| sent a message:

-Maddy: Hey hoe! you free right now?- seen

-ClaudyPotty: Depends, why?- Immediately a text arrived as she pulled the closet door open, revealing the collection of second-hand clothing from the nearby thrift shop she bought recently.

-Maddy: My mom invited some guy over and I dun wanna be alone, :/ also don't lie, I know for a fact your mom's not gonna care so hurry up. I'll leave the door open. P.s wear something nice for once!-

Nice? something nice? the girl scoffed and went back to browsing through a litter of clothes, it took a while but finally, her cloudy hues landed on a particular white laced shirt. It looked decent at least, compared to the attires that she'd usually wear, she swiftly changed into the blouse and ran a hand through her chaotic black hair, struggling to tame its puffy nature at warm temperatures.

Shutting the closet with the back of her hand, she wiggled into a pair of khakis and paced out of her bedroom without closing the door. She jostled to the kitchen and opened a cupboard above the sink, in hopes to find some food to soothe her stomach's complaints, thank the gods that there was a box of pop tarts.

She munched on one as she went out the front door, not bothering to say anything to her dozing mother on the couch, that woman probably had too much to drink as always. And she didn't want to stay any longer at home, mother was ever cranky in the morning and hung over, the girl couldn't deal with the stench of booze in the air along with her frustrating mother.

The two never got on the right foot in the first place, so she was a little grateful for Madeline's invitation of escape but...it also came with a risk.