*Chapter 10: Packing

Chapter 10:

Packing

Jasper took hold of Eva's hand gently pulling her to a bare wall of the living room. He took hold of her other hand and placed it on the wall laying his own hand overtop it.

"Close your eyes," he instructed gently. Eva did as instructed and closed her eyes, wondering what Jasper was doing. "Now, I want you to picture your bedroom door, in perfect detail. Imagine the doorframe, the door knob, what the color is. Picture it right in front of you."

Behind her eyes Eva imagined her bedroom door in all its worn glory. She could see the lopsided top of the frame that went down at an angle in the right corner, resulting in a slight gap between the door and the frame. Her eyes wandered down over the chipped paint job that had been there for years and then allowed them to rest on the old brass doorknob. She imagined how the cool metal feels against her hand a. The slightest jolt surged through her hand as she imagined clasping the doorknob in her hand as a wave of warmth surged through her arm. It was similar to the feeling she had when she healed someone. She could feel the power surge forth from her hand and into the wall where it spread out, taking form, before quickly shooting back through her hand and back to her core where it lay dormant again.

"Open your eyes," Jasper bade softly, his hand still gently over top her own, his other hand moving to rest on her shoulder.

Slowly Eva's eyes opened, growing wide at the sight before her. A door had appeared in the wall before her, her bedroom door, the brass handle gently gripped in her hand. It was just as she'd imagined it in complete detail. She stared in awe wondering how it came to be there.

"Lesson number one," Jasper said with a grin at the shocked look on her face. "Portal summoning."

"Portal?"

He nodded. "Open the door."

With a shaky intake of breath she pushed the door open to reveal her bedroom of her apartment. A gasp escaped her chapped lips, making her eyes grow wider as she took a hesitant step through the doorway into the room she knew very well. She looked around inspecting every nook and cranny of the room trying to spot anything out of the ordinary. When she found everything as it was when she left she turned to Jasper ready to bombard him with questions.

"How'd you do this?" she asked as Jasper entered the room his eyes filled with laughter matching the grin on his face.

"I didn't do it, you did," she looked at him in disbelief. "I wasn't sure if you would get it on your first try considering it took me at least two weeks to get it down." He turned to look at his living room through the open doorway. "As long as the door remains open we will still be connected to the shop. No one can enter the bedroom from your apartment either while the spell's in affect."

"This is amazing," She squealed with a smile. She ran to the portal between the two apartments, moving in out between the two spaces. A smile was plastered on her face, one she hadn't worn in so long. "I can't believe I did this?!"

"Well I helped you a little bit," Jasper admitted with a tiny laugh making Eva's smile fall the slightest. He caught the tiny movement and quickly moved to amend what he'd done. "For first timers it takes a bit to get the power moving, so I just gave you a little jolt with my own power. You're the one who did all the work."

She clenched and unclenched her hand recalling the jolt of electricity she'd felt in it. "I felt it."

Jasper chuckled. "Yeah I'm sure you did," he said turning to the closet. "So where should we start? How much of this stuff is coming to the underground with us?"