What?!

“That was so hilarious!” We were in the parking lot next to my BMW. After we finished laughing about Dr. Collins’ reaction; we left the front office and headed to my car.

“Calm down kiddo,” she said while chuckling a little. “Now we have to get you home before that women rips out my throat.” To be honest, I honestly thought that she would be a lot stricter, considering she’s a police officer. Usually female police officers are always angry, strict, and unbreakable.

“Alright, but you still have to admit that was funny,” I actually found myself getting along with her.

“Yeah it was. Is this your car?” she asked motioning my BMW.

“Yeah, this is my car since I was 14.”

“Come again. As a police officer, I do believe that having a car at the age of 14 is a little illegal.”

“Yeah I know,” I chuckled. “I’ve always found an interest in cars so on my 14th birthday; my parents bought me a car. Of course they didn’t let me drive it until I got my driver’s license but I’ve been trying to pay them back since I was 14.” I finished my little story on how I got my car and I looked up at her, she was just smiling.

“Wow. That’s a lot of responsibility for a 14 year-old.”

I let out a small laugh, “Yeah I guess it is…”

“Honey, do you understand that you let all of that hard work go down the drain the moment you started involving yourself with the wrong people, right?” she was looking down at me with a face full of concern.

“Yeah I know. I shouldn’t have done that. If I just said no to her, I could have easily avoided all of this trouble.” I was looking down at my shoes. I felt so guilty. I wonder if my parents know about all of this.

After a few minutes of just an awkward silence, “Come on, let’s get you home.”

I went into my BMW and she went into her police car. She followed me throughout the whole way home.

I finally got home and we both got out of our cars. We met up on my driveway and I asked her, “Hey I don’t think I ever got you name… or last name. Whichever you want to give me.”

“My last name is Moreno and my first name is- well I’ll let you figure that out on your own,” she responded to me with a smile.

“What do you mean that I’ll figure I out on my own?”

“You’ll see. Just wait for when the time comes along,” and with that, officer Moreno went into her car and drove off in the opposite direction of my house.

I unlocked the door only to find my parents sitting on the couch staring at me. My dad’s face was full of disappointment and my mom’s face was filled of concern. I actually felt really guilty just by looking at them. I can only imagine all of the phone calls home, and news reporters, and maybe even police officers that have spoken with my parents. Even if things can’t get any worst, my parents didn’t even know what’s was going on. They had no clue and I can imagine a news reporter asking them how they felt when they found out that I was in handcuffs.

“Where were you?” my father asked. For the first time, his voice was filled with hatred.

“I was stuck in the office. I’m sure you already know about all of this…” I drifted my sentence off. I didn’t want to continue any further.

There was a moment of silence until my mother lost her polite and cheery self. “What on earth were you think Jade?! Do you understand how terrible it is to come home thinking that everything is completely fine until the police comes knocking on the door asking us if we do drugs?!” my mother had a point right now. I would hate to come home to that, being asked so many unwanted questions. Oh wait I just went through that about an hour ago.

“I’m so sorry for all of that. I never meant for things to go this far, mother. It was a little slip-up. It was never in my intensions to let things get out of hand to this point. I am also willing to take any punishment that you two have for me. Whether it’s boot camp or never able to leave the house again,” I really need to be on my parents’ good side. I’ve only seen them angry about twice and both times; they were nightmares for Isabella and me.

“Oh we’ll make sure your punishment is something that we can work out soon,” my father is texting on his phone while he says this. He is probably ready to call the boot camp that he is sending me off to. “Now we want you to come sit down and tell us everything that you told the police officers and everyone else that was in the room with you,” my dad looks up from his phone and motions to the empty couch in front of him.

“Well what’s there to tell?” I asked trying to kill time by stalling. “They came into my homeroom and some officer guy told the whole class about the situation and if anyone knew anything about it then they should contact the police or one of the administrators. And after they were done speaking to the class, they called me up and put me in handcuffs and escorted me out of the classroom.” I paused for a while to let the news sink in.

“Okay what happened after that?” my mother prompted.

“So after they escorted me to the main office, they took the handcuffs off and asked me why people were giving them my name for more answers. I told them what they wanted to hear-“ I was interrupted by my dad.

“What exactly did they ‘want to hear’? Jade, this is a serious situation you got yourself tangled up in and now you need to face your problems. We want to help you too, but we can’t help you if you don’t tell us exactly what happened today.”

“Ugh fine. There was this lady in there who asked me why Angie would ask me and not someone else with more experience. It took me a while to figure out that answer myself but it hit me that no one would suspect me because my criminal record is completely clean and because you’re my father,” I paused for a second time, assuming my dad would ask why he has anything to do with this.

“Me? Being your father? What does that have to do with anything? In my eyes, whoever your parents are doesn’t mean that you have more privileges,” my father has always been the kind of person who prefers to be treated equal, no matter how rich and famous you are.

“I know dad but the police officer said that the reputation that I have because you’re my father and they all know that I would never pull a stunt like this because of you and since you raised me to be such a golden child, I guess that’s why Angie asked me ‘cuz no one would suspect me being a part of that kind of stuff,” I finished talking and looked up at my parents. They looked really disappointed in me. I’ve never thought they would ever look at me like that. Instead, I looked down and started playing with my hands until someone said something.

“Oh honey that does not mean that you should take advantage of that and associate yourself with that kind of people just because you think you would be able to get away with it,” my mother has always been that kind of person where no matter how badly you messed up, she would never be mad, but disappointed.

“I know Mom. I honestly, didn’t know what I was thinking when I took the money and I’ll take any consequence you would have set for me,” What else was I supposed to say?

“Okay, just go to your room for now,” I got dismissed by my Mom and went upstairs.

~~~

Picture of the mysterious police women.. somewhere lol c: