Chapter 3: Faking it

The two students walked back inside the school Meliodas grabbed Elizabeth's hand just to play off the lie as they walked through the hall, all the students were looking at them some whispering about how the 'couple' was, some of the girls were glaring at Elizabeth who, didn't mind holding his hand surprisingly, it gave her a nastalgic feeling and she found herself moving closer to him and holding his arm a little with her free hand, not liking the attention she was getting from the other students.

"Oh? Someone shy?" Meliodas asked as he looked to the Silver haired girl who was a little nervous about the attention.

"Shut up, I've been like this my entire life." She spoke as she looked to the shorter blonde, who only had a cheeky grin on his face.

"I know." He spoke as he walked her to the class that was on her schedule which was the same as his.

"Don't make fun of me for being shy." She spoke as she puffed out her cheeks, which he found really cute.

"You're cuter than the Elizabeth I imagined." He muttered under his breath as he looked away from the girl who couldn't hear what he had said about her.

Elizabeth took a seat and put in her headphones, she looked out the window with a sigh, the girl could've been a model had the deformity in her eye, her parents would hardly ever let her out of the house, she was to odd for the public according to them. The silver haired girl felt someone poke her and she turned her head to see a brunette girl who wore her hair in pigtails like she was a child. She pulled out one of her headphones to hear the rest of the class chattering and some others laughing at what the others said.

"May I help you?" Elizabeth asked as politely as she could, she didn't like getting to know people, they'd only end up getting hurt in the end

"You're Elizabeth right? Meliodas' girlfriend?" She asked with a smile, this made Elizabeth a little wary, she had only just met Meliodas yet she still had to associate herself as his girlfriend.

"U-Um yeah, why?" She asked with a slight stutter feeling a little embarrassed about agreeing to such a hoax.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you I'm really happy to finally meet you, he's been talking about you since we were little, he always told us about how amazing you were." The brunette girl spoke, Elizabeth could sense an aura around her, it was similar to her own, but different, possibly the descendant of a different race she'd read about, she could recognize the aura as strong, and gentle, sort of like a giant, but not exactly.

"Oh, your a close friend of his?" Elizabeth asked wanting to get to know the friends of the boy she'd be fake dating for the next month.

"Yeah, I'm Diane, I've been Meliodas' neighbor since we were babies, I used to have a massive crush on him but then he told myself and our friends about you and there was a really happy light in his eyes, and it's always been that way, but I don't blame him, you're so pretty." Diane spoke with a smile as she leaned towards Elizabeth with an even wider smile. Elizabeth blushed a little as Diane spoke, no one had ever called her pretty unless they wanted something from her or planned to use her.

"Th-Thank you Diane." She smiled to the girl her bangs covering her right eye, the girl with the aura of a giant looked a the bangs confused, she didn't understand why she covered her right eye.

"It must be difficult to see out of your right eye with your bangs covering it, why do you do that?" She asked and Elizabeth quickly thought of the excuse she'd come up with when she was young that always worked.

"I'm blind in my right eye, so it's a different color from my left eye so I just cover it." She spoke smoothly which made Diane jump a little as she looked down feeling guilty about asking the question.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked, Meliodas never mentioned you were half blind so I was just curious." Elizabeth laughed at the reaction shaking her head to the other girl.

Elizabeth could tell she was going to be friends very quickly with this girl, she seemed really nice and for once she didn't mind talking to someone, she was actually enjoying herself as she got to know her, she even laughed a little as something she said, which laughter was rare from the lips of a half goddess, she was always to stubborn to even mutter any laughter, although her laugh seemed to draw the attention of a few other students. Those being Meliodas, a tall ice blue haired guy, and a short blonde girl who all walked over Meliodas sitting on Elizabeth's table wrapping an arm around her shoulder which Elizabeth payed no mind to.

"Well looks like you two are getting along, I'm glad." He spoke with a smile as he rubbed Elizabeth's shoulder lightly. "Ellie, this is Ban and Elaine, they're friends from my childhood too, like Diane who you seem to know already." He spoke shocking Elizabeth that he knew her nickname from her childhood.

"Oh, it's nice to meet you." Elizabeth spoke with a smile as she looked to the two, Ban nodded and Elaine ran up with a smile on her face as she looked at Elizabeth, the shorter girl said almost the same words as Diane did.