Chapter 8: The Dream

Someone had called 911, Elizabeth and Meliodas were pulled from the expensive vehicle both being perfectly fine and set off to the side to make sure that no one else was hurt which no one was thankfully, the two were soon swarmed with paparazzi being that they were the children of the two most powerful people in all of Britannia, Meliodas was holding Elizabeth close hiding her face in his chest though she was the only girl in the world with natural silver hair so it was obvious who she was.

"Every single one of you needs to leave before I call security and you all get arrested." Meliodas yelled a black mark appearing on his forehead and his eyes turning a slightly redish black, Elizabeth looked up at him and held onto him tighter trying to get him to calm down.

"Meliodas calm down." She spoke softly as she held onto him, she was scared of this side of him but knew that somewhere deep inside her she recognized it in a way, it was so familiar, probably to the goddess, he was probably the reason she had to suffer with this curse, she fell for him and was punished for it.

Meliodas looked to Elizabeth and immediately his eyes calmed and they were back to his normal emerald green, he kissed her forehead and hugged her a little tighter, he could tell that he had scared her, it was clear by the look in her eyes, though he was more terrified of losing her than the darker side of him which scared her, he would try his hardest not to release it as long as he was with her, it was the part of himself he hated the most, and now only hated it more. He looked at her worriedly when he felt Elizabeth go limp, his face had a terrifying expression, he looked around for a person that could've shot her but he hadn't heard a gun shot nor did she have a wound, the paramedics that were thankfully still on the scene ran over and put her on a stretcher Meliodas followed them into the ambulance sitting next to her and holding her hand tightly.

"Please be alright Ellie..." He spoke softly as he looked at her, they had said that she was just passed out but they had to make sure that there wasn't something very specific that had caused her to pass out, as she lied there both of her eyes were visible her bangs laying over her face as she slept almost peacefully.

In her Dream

Elizabeth looked around in a panic, she wasn't in her own body, she looked like she was a little older than her current self, but the biggest difference was that she had 4 white wings on her back, she didn't know what was going on, these dreams weren't normal, it was a time of peace much unlike her normal nightmares of being killed by two giant figures, one light and one dark.

"Elizabeth? Everything alright?" She heard a voice speak, it was familiar, she looked to the side and saw Meliodas walking towards her with a giant sword in his hand, he looked exactly like he did in her time, she fell to her knees and he ran to her dropping the sword and holding her shoulders. "Elizabeth tell me what's wrong, we're married you can't just do something like this and not tell me." He spoke as he looked at her, Elizabeth knew what was coming, in a few seconds she'd flash forward and see both him and herself being killed and cursed.

"I...I don't know what's going on..." She mumbled and was soon pulled into a hug by the familiar blonde, her heart was racing as she lied her head in his chest, she was on the verge of tears.

Was the goddess really married to Meliodas? Was this her life? Did Meliodas have the same curse as she did? Elizabeth had multiple questions running through her head, though those would never be answered since she couldn't go back and ask her herself, time travel was impossible, and just the idea of that was preposterous to anyone.

"Elizabeth, are you alright, are you stressed? Is it something I said earlier? Is it the baby making you feel weird?" Thats what stopped the world for Elizabeth, the goddess was pregnant, thats why the curse would only stop progressing if she had a child, because the goddess was carrying Meliodas' child when she died.

"B-Baby..." She mumbled placing her hand on her stomach, there most certainly was a small bump there, much like a new pregnancy belly, she looked up at him and he gently placed his hand on top of his.

"Yeah, our child, though, its probably the worst time to be having one, but with you not fighting and convincing everyone that the war shouldn't happen then you and Elle should be okay." He spoke as he pulled her into a hug, she was still trying to process this all in her head, she hoped that she would remember this when she woke up so that she could tell meliodas about it.

"Oh...right...me and Elle..." She mumbled as she looked down at her stomach which was noticable, this child was the reason for the curse, not for loving a demon but making a life with a demon.

"Let's get you two bed so that you can start to feel better hopefully." He picked her up and carried her to a small cottage, lying her on the bed and lying next to her his hand on his stomach. "Please be okay Elizabeth..." A small mutter came from him which made Elizabeth jolt awake.

End of the Dream

Elizabeth sat up quickly and looked around, she was in a hospital and her eyes widened, she was terrified that what had happened in her dream had come true and she in some way, which terrified her, she was far from prepared to be a mother, let alone to the child of Meliodas, she looked around the room to only see Meliodas and her family, her cheeks immediately turned to a vibrant red as she met eyes with Meliodas remembering every little detail of her dream including the small bump.

"Father, Margaret, Veronica, can I speak to Meliodas alone?" The silver haired girl spoke as she looked to her father and siblings, Meliodas looked very confused as he heard her ask to speak to him alone, but would happily oblige to his fiancé's wishes.

"Of course." Margaret spoke standing and waving for her father and sister to follow leaving the couple alone, it was clear that Elizabeth had something very serious on her mind, and Margaret didn't want anyone getting in the way of what Elizabeth had to say.

"What's wrong Ellie?" Meliodas grabbed her hand and looked at her with a very serious expression on his face, he was worried she wanted to break off their engagement even though he was the only one who could save her.

"Um...while I was passed out...I had a dream of the goddess, and the one she was destined to be with, her name was Elizabeth as well, her name had been lost for the last thousand years, though, what made me even more scared about it was the one she was with, and what proves to me only more that  you're the one I was supposed to meet is that her lov- no he wasn't just her lover, he was her husband, but his name was the exact same as yours, and...I found out why having a child is the way to stop the curse..." She mumbled looking down at her stomach, still very nostalgic of the feeling she had in the dream, that of a child growing inside her.

"Why Elizabeth, tell me." He spoke placing his hands on her shoulders making her look at him, she now had tears falling down her cheeks just thinking about it.

"She was carrying his child when she died, they were going to have a baby...That's why it stops when a child is born." She mumbled and Meliodas' eyes widened hearing that, he pulled her into a tight hug, he couldn't believe that was the reason a baby had to be born to save her life, because the curse was placed on a pregnant woman.

"We'll get through this Elizabeth, you have nothing to worry about, I'll take care of everything..." He spoke softly as he held onto her, she was crying into his shirt now, he knew that this dream had affected her a lot more that any other would have, this was going to be difficult for him.