Chapter 6: Engaged!?

Meliodas hated that thought, she had suffered so much, it was hard to think about, he'd been living the high life, making her up, not thinking about anyone but himself, now that he really knew her it was hard to think about her suffering such an awful fate.

"And is there a way to stop the curse?" He asked as he turned her head to look at him, he was concerned for her, no wonder she was so guarded.

"There's one...but it's impossible..." She spoke as she looked down, she was scared of this cure, it wasn't a thing that just anyone could do, it would have to be between herself and the person she was destined to meet and fall for.

"Tell me, otherwise I'm climbing in your car and not leaving your side till this all happens." He spoke stubbornly, she averted her gaze away from his, she didn't want any of this to happen.

"I...well...there's a person I'm destined to meet...if...if I have a child with them, that stops the curse. It's as though she finally got to have a family with the one she loved and she can be at peace..." She spoke softly her cheeks turning bright red at the thought, she was embarrassed about the cure for the curse, but if she was to have a child, then maybe her own children could be saved from the devastating curse of mothering or fathering a cursed child.

"I'm sorry Elizabeth...I didn't know that was the only way..." He spoke letting her head go as he looked away from her knowing he shouldn't have dug so deep.

"It's alright, you probably would've figured out eventually, but, I have to go, my father will be furious with me, you should probably go home too, I'm sorry I called you all the way out here for something so stupid..." She spoke as she looked at him, he shook his head, he didn't think what she'd done or what she was cursed with was stupid.

"It's alright, just be safe okay." He spoke kissing her cheek gently before closing her car door and getting back in his own car.

She started her car and made her way to the company headquarters, she walked in and told the front desk she was here to see her father which she was easily let through and walked to her father's office, both her older sisters were there which worried her.

"Sorry I'm late father, my eye started to throb while I was driving, I had to stop and have a friend bring me my medication." She spoke as she walked over and sat down in a chair in front of her father.

"It's quite alright Elizabeth, I understand, but I think I may have found the person you are destined to meet, his father happens to be our biggest competitor, though, with some explainasion, he agreed to have you meet his oldest son, you go to school with him so you may already know him." Her father spoke, as he looked to Elizabeth, who was mortified, she already knew where this was going, she would be engaged to this boy if they believed he was the one who could stop the curse.

"He's gonna be here in a little bit, father already called them and told them to come here, there's gonna be a massive party tonight if you're eye reacts to him once knowing him as your soulmate if thats what he really is." Veronica spoke as she crossed her legs while sitting in the cushioned chair, the violet haired 20 year old spoke as she looked to her 18 year old younger sister who was now dreading this more than anything.

"But father! I can't just marry some random guy just because you think he's the one that'll break the curse for me! What happened to meeting him by chance! It's my job to meet him, not you to find him!" The Silver haired girl yelled tears streaming down her cheeks, they were ripping everything that had happened in the last day and throwing it into the trash, she hoped that Meliodas would forgive her for her fathers actions.

She was about to speak up again but her voice was interrupted by the office door opening, she turned around with a hate filled glare, but that quickly softened when she saw Meliodas at the side of a much taller man, her eye started to throb again, she held it and quickly crouched to the ground holding it she could feel it slowly starting to take over her mind, it'd only been getting worse as she got closer to turning 20 which was only 2 years away, and it was the age that the first died, and if she hadn't met him by then she would surely parish along with all the others.

"Elizabeth!" Meliodas yelled running over and hugging her, he knew about the curse and he had been told shortly before she called him that he was to marry the youngest daughter of a powerful man, he hadn't expected that girl to be Elizabeth, but he was very happy that it was, that maybe he could help cure her curse.

"You must be Meliodas, I assume you already know my daughter Elizabeth, with the throbbing in her eye that means the goddess knows you, or your soul at least, which means you're the one to break her curse son." Bartra spoke walking over patting meliodas' shoulder as he looked to the two, thinking to himself that the two would be both a good looking couple and make attractive kids that could easily be used for modeling to make more money.

"You think this is a good thing!? She could die!" Meliodas growled as he looked up to the tycoon, he knew the extent of her curse and how it affected her, he hated seeing her in pain, especially now that he was going to be marrying her after high school.

"It's okay Meliodas, I'm alright..." Elizabeth spoke sitting up a little and looking to him, she leaned into his embrace not wanting him to let her go, she felt weak and her eyes were closed tightly.

"No your not..." He spoke softly into her ear leaning his head against him, her two sisters silently admired the young now couple.

"Meliodas...it's alrig-" She placed her hand back to her eye feeling the throbbing again as she leaned into him, it was difficult dealing with such a big pain.

The meeting ended and the two teens were left alone still holding onto each other Meliodas would refuse to leave her side through the rest of the evening as they stood and made their way to rooms that were right next to each other being forced to change into outfits that matched Elizabeth being in a red dress with gold lace detail and black tulle underneath making the dress poof out a bunch. While on the other hand Meliodas was in a burgundy suit with a red collar and gold tie, elegant attire for an elegant occasion. Elizabeth stepped out of her room looking to Meliodas who was practically shoved out of his room he turned towards his now fiancé his eyes widening as her curled silver hair and perfectly red lips which he hoped that one day that he could kiss and lay claim to what was his. He shook his head at the thought pushing it off to the side.