Chapter 4: Venting

Elizabeth stood from her seat, the group of 5 walked out of the class, 4 more students joining them, Meliodas told her their names which were Merlin, Harlequin or King for short, Escanor, and Gowther, Gowther stood there only examining the new girl who got a little uncomfortable under his studying gaze.

"Your right eye, covering it will hinder your sight won't it?" He spoke which made Diane freeze since she knew the 'truth' about Elizabeth's eye.

"Well I don't see how it would hinder my sight if it's already gone in that eye." She spoke as she looked towards the feminine boy who tensed a little at the snap back.

"Oh, I apologise, I did not realize you had already lost your sight in that eye." He spoke, everyone was a little shocked at the words Elizabeth spoke, Meliodas had never said anything about her being half blind.

"Captain never told us you were half blind." Ban spoke as he looked to the silver haired girl his arm over Elaine's shoulder.

"She never told me she was half blind." Meliodas spoke as he raised a brow to Elizabeth who simply rolled her eyes to the shorter boy.

"It's not a topic I like to talk about, it only reminds me that I'm not normal." She spoke as she walked a little ahead of the group looking down.

"Guys let's not bring it up anymore." Meliodas spoke not wanting to push the topic on her, he had made up all these things about her but he didn't ever think the real Elizabeth would be half blind.

-At Lunch-

Elizabeth sat alone with her boxed lunch, although her 'boyfriend' and his friends soon joined her Meliodas being right next to her and his friends around the rest of the table.

"What kind of friends would we be if we let you sit alone." Elaine spoke as she smiled to Elizabeth who seemed really happy about not sitting alone.

"Thanks you guys." She spoke with a smile as she looked around the table which was full of people.

"Don't thank us, it's the least we could do, you are my girlfriend after all." Meliodas spoke as he wrapped an arm around her waist, he loved being able to have an arm around the prettiest girl in the school.

"You guys are really cute together, like it was a match made by the goddesses." Merlin spoke as she looked at the 'couple' they were very cute together and they had a chemistry that anyone could see.

"That's really sweet Merlin." Elizabeth spoke as she smiled to the ebony haired girl, she could sense something different this girl as well, honestly, everyone around the table had something a little different about them, but Meliodas had the most significant difference about him, and he acted sort of as though he knew it, at least that's what she thought.

"You don't need to thank us, we're your friends." Diane spoke as she looked at the couple, the bell rang as they all finished their lunches, Meliodas walking Elizabeth to her class slowly getting to know the girl more and more as they walked.

-After School-

Elizabeth walked out of school, there was a car waiting for her at the front of the school which she avoided not wanting to go home, she had no one waiting for her there, so it's not like it mattered, both her sisters had moved out, and her father was always working so he didn't care when she left or when she got home so she simply would wander around the town till the sun began to go down then head home.

She heard footsteps rush to meet up with her own, and when they finally caught up with her she turned her head to see Meliodas standing next to her.

"Hey, you alright? You avoided that car like it was going to take you to prison." He spoke, Elizabeth only stayed silent, she didn't want to talk about her home life with a complete stranger.

"Why should I tell you, I hardly even know you." She spoke as she held onto her backpack a little tighter which Meliodas noticed.

"Cause I know more about you than you think I do, matter of fact, I know your not blind in your right eye." He spoke since they were now far enough away from the school that no one could hear them.

"And how do you know that?" She asked as she looked towards the shorter blonde not knowing how he would know about her eye unless he could sense the magic she was only ever told could hurt people.

"Cause I've seen it before, I made up your appearance from one of the kids magazines my mom used to read and you were on the cover, I made up a name from your picture." He spoke as he placed his hands behind his head walking next to her still.

Elizabeth had almost forgotten the days where her mother forced her to model for magazines, she hated it but loved that she was making her family happy and they were able to afford anything they needed.

"Thanks for reminding me of those days." She spoke not really enjoying the thought of her modeling days.

"Oh, sorry." He mumbled as they walked past a park where there were children anywhere from 3-10 running around on the play structure.

"I never got to go to parks or anything because of that, I never got to be a kid, I was always forced to act like an adult and take things seriously, it was difficult." She spoke as she looked down, she didn't know why she was telling Meliodas all this, she hardly knew him yet she was venting to him.

"I can understand that, I lived my entire childhood trying to make my father happy and taking the blame for my brother's so that they wouldn't get hurt, but in the end nothing makes my father happy aside from money." Meliodas spoke, their fathers had the same train of thought, both power gluttons with more businesses than they can count, the two tycoons could've ruled the world if they teamed up..

Their phones started to ring at the same time, they picked up their phones and sighed, on Meliodas' screen was his father's number, on Elizabeth's was her father's number...

______________________________________
A/N
Are you guys enjoying this story?? I feel like it's a topic that is well known in the SDS community but I want some feedback on it, I want to know what you guys think about it in the comment section or just by simply giving it a like to show me you enjoy it, cause I'm really starting to regret writing it.