Chapter 3

Sabre continued to run while holding Rainbow's hand; he wanted to get as far away from that man as possible. There was something about him that makes him very afraid; an emotion he has not felt in a long time: not since.... that

They had run a considerably amount from the cave and soon found themselves in a small oak forest. They stopped within a minute entering the forest when Sabre fell to the ground out of breath; all the adrenaline had left him. He wanted to sleep very bad, he was exhausted, not only from running, but fighting Memory earlier and him not sleeping properly for the several weeks was not helping; well properly in insomnia terms.

Rainbow just watch as Sabre lie down on the ground as he catches his breath. Several thoughts ran through his head, he still could not comprehend Cliff being alive after all this time and is now after Sabre for his own selfish gain. A thought struck him: if one was alive then the other will follow like always. Though Rainbow focus on the person in front of him. For some odd reason, he felt more compelled to protect the human in front of him more than ever.

A sign snapped Rainbow out of his thoughts. He looks over to Sabre who was both mentally and physically exhausted. Rainbow hopes that he will get some rest, he really needs it, but knowing Sabre, he would probably want answers over sleeping. This is the human who will do almost anything to help his friends and will tire himself out if needed; Rainbow should know because he is the cause of most of his worrying.

"Rainbow" Sabre said once he catches his breath.

"Sleep, you need to rest" Rainbow said, already knowing the response.

"No rest can wait, for now I need answers" Sabre huffed, "Please Rainbow"

"Alright" Rainbow responded. The colorful one keeled down, so his friend did not have to strain himself to stand.

"Who was he? And why did he say he's not letting me go again? And why did you look like you wanted to kill him?" His soft grey eyes stared at red eyes that held many secrets of what happened several minutes ago. Rainbow wish that Sabre had his bandanna on, so he does not have to look into his eyes: they remind him so much of his past, so much of the happiness, so much of the pain, so much of Blue.

Sabre notices the way Rainbow was looking at him, looking at his eyes: it was the same way everyone had looked at him when they see his eyes. Tears stream down his face as he felt his chest hurt; he thought he could trust Rainbow, that he would be different, but he thought wrong. Sabre closed his eyes to hold himself back as he clenches his fists.

Rainbow realized his friend's hurt look and tried to comfort his friend by trying to wipe his tears away, but Sabre got up and took a few steps away from the colorful Steve. Sabre felt so many emotions in him; some that he has not felt in a long time. No matter how much he tried to hold it in while calming himself down, he could not hold it in anymore. He screamed at the red head with so much anger.

"You are like the rest of them! I trusted you! But you are just like the rest of them!" Sabre yelled. He hugged himself for comfort, to stop himself from yelling anymore or from breaking more than he had. Yelling at Rainbow did not sit right with him at all, but he could not stand that look and the negative emotions pilling up from his past are not helping.

"Sabre, wait I -" Rainbow took a step forward as Sabre took a step back; it hurt too much. Rainbow want to hug his friend so bad and to comfort him. Sabre and he took turns taking steps back until Sabre back into a tree where he slides down onto the ground, "Please, Sabre listen"

"Shut up!" Sabre pulled his knees to his chest and covered his ears; he could hear them, he hear them calling him names, he could hear them insulting him, he could hear his and the others screams, "You said you would not hate me! Ever since I took of my bandanna you have been acting different!"

Sabre continue to sob his heart out. He took a deep breath before mumbling under his breath, "They were right: our curse is to suffer."

Sabre did not know, but Rainbow heard. He did not like Sabre when he is like this; he is the rock that held him and many others down, protecting and saving them. He gently lifted Sabre's head so they can meet eye to eye and noticed that the light within his grey eyes started to disappear and the blue in them got darker this worried him very much. The blue is close to what an evil Elder Blue had from his past who possessed Blue.

"Sabre please, I will tell you everything. I promise I do not hate you; I can never hate you no matter what. Please believe me" Rainbow urged. Tears continued to stream down Sabre face, and Rainbow realized that his bandanna was something that gave him his fiery spirit, but without its Sabre is like a scared kid. That was how Rainbow was before: shy and afraid, "Please Sabre, I know what Memory meant when you had the only thing from my past: your eyes"

"M-my eyes?" Sabre stared into Rainbow's eyes and saw that he was crying as well. The guilt grew.

"When I saw your eyes, my memories came back suddenly; well some mainly of one person. There was someone else that I use to travel with who had the same eyes as you. His name was Blue, and he had the exact same personality as you: funny, helpful, caring, everything. He and I went on several adventures together." Rainbow paused to look at Sabre to see that the tears drying, and light came back to his eyes, "One day, we met someone who we could call friend, but he betrayed us. He blindsided me and took Blue; I can still hear his cries they reminded me of my failure to protect him. Both him and my other friend Green, who I met months later. Green too suffered the same fate as Blue, but by the hands of someone else."

Sabre went over to comfort him. Two of Rainbow's friends before he had ever met Sabre and Lucas died and Rainbow was there to hear their screams and watch them fall.

"I manage to find them, but Blue saved me from a stone sword that was thrown at me to kill me. Green pushed me away from a gold ax. Both weapons killed them instead when it should have been me"

"I am sorry Rainbow about both Blue and Green"

"The one who did all that was the person who attacked us earlier: Cliff, Blue's killer. The other one is Rift, Green's killer. Even after my memories were taken, I never seen ether until now. As of now Cliff will do anything to get you, just like Blue."

"Why me?"

"Because you are Blue's reincarnation" Rainbow and Sabre look up to a familiar person or people on a tree near them. Both stood up to get up to get a better look.

"No way"

"What are you doing here?!"

"Hello Rainbow, Sabre. How long has it been since we see each other?"