Chapter 4

Sabre and Rainbow look up to see Dark and Nightmare in the tree that Sabre was just sitting under. Rainbow pushed Sabre behind him; he felt more protective of him now than he has ever before. Maybe it was the fear that he saw in those grey eyes for the first time in the 4 years that he, Sabre, and Lucas have been friends.

"What are you two doing here?! You were destroyed a long time ago!" Rainbow yelled. Dark look at the two with his black eyes, Sabre couldn't tell if he was seeing things, but Dark's eyes seem to have more light within them then before. Nightmare was about to answer when a new voice called out.

"Guys I found him!" Plague appeared next to the others with an unconscious person in his arms, "And you'll never guess who I saw so now we have to hurry and find-"

"We already found him Plague" Nightmare signed as he pointed to the two below them.

"What! It took me several hours to find him, but it only took you a couple to find the other! Not fair" Plague pouted while the other two signed at his childish.

Rainbow, though confused, stayed in front of Sabre. He did not understand what was happening: they destroyed Dark a long time ago, and Nightmare and Plague were sent to a different world by Elemental not too long ago.

While the Steves look at each other, Sabre realized who the person Plague was carrying; red vest plus red hat plus blonde hair equals to:

"Lucas!?" Sabre shouted, bringing all the attention on him.

"Wait, I know that voice!" Plague perked up then look down to see familiar a human in a torn-up chicken suit with the hood down to reveal his light brown hair, but he did not have his signature bandanna, "Sabre? Wow I barely noticed you without your blindfold and your hair being uncovered."

Sabre felt tears begin to build up again; he misses his bandanna. He grips on the sleeve of Rainbow's rainbow sweater as he hid further behind him. Rainbow look over his shoulder when he felt Sabre pull on his sweater to see the unshed tears. He sent Plague a glare and was about to yell at him, but Dark bet him to it.

"Idiot! Remember what I told you, and you see it yourself about the problems he went through when he was a child because of his eyes!" Dark growled. First Memory, now Dark talking about the past with Sabre and his eyes. There was more to Sabre's past than he had told to Rainbow.

"Oh, sorry Sabre. I meant they look nice; your eyes are nice, and I mean that" Plague corrected himself. Sabre smiled a bit and got out behind of Rainbow.

"Excuse me, but what is happening?! Why are you being nice to Sabre? Why do you have an unconscious Lucas with you? Why are you-" Again Nightmare cut someone off again.

"We'll tell you soon, but right now we got some company" Nightmare jumped down just behind Sabre who was the closest to the forest that hide someone that Rainbow and Sabre had ran away from not too long ago, "Come out now!"

"Oh Nightmare, it's so nice to see you, same for you two Dark, Plague again. It has been a really long time has it not." Cliff smirked, "I think the last time I seen you Nightmare was when you found Dark crying over Blue's grave after my sword killed him, and then again when you found Plague you were crying over Green grave after-"

"Shut up!" Plague yelled getting all the attention on him, "Don't you dare bring up them! Don't you dare bring up Green or Blue after what you two done to them!"

Plague did not notice, but because of his yelling, Lucas up.

"What?! Where am I!? Sabre? Rainbow?" Lucas look around to see his friends, Dark, Nightmare, and someone new looking at him. He soon realized he was being carried by someone; his blue eyes investigate a pair of light green ones, "Pl-Plague!?"

"Hello, sleeping beauty" Plague joked before he jumped where Rainbow and Sabre were to let Lucas down. The three hugged each other, but the happy reunion soon ended when Cliff laughed.

"Oh, what do we have here? The reincarnation of both Blue and Green? In the same place? How wonderful, Rift will be delighted to know his precious gem is here." Cliff walk towards the group, but his eyes were only on Sabre and Lucas. His view of them, however, was block by Rainbow and the others, "Rare grey eyes that shine in the darkness, the one I was looking for years. And the one who bears a scar on his hand that will never heal, the one Rift was in search of."

"Don't you dare thing we are going to let you, or Rift get your hands on them!" Dark growled.

"It's four against one Cliff might as well go" Nightmare recommended.

Cliff chuckled at the oldest Steve, "Oh, Nightmare, it's actually two against four"

No one understood what he meant until they heard Sabre yelling. They all turned around to see a man holding flailing Lucas him by his waist as Sabre trying to help.

"Let him go!" Sabre yelled. He tried to help his friend, but the person grabs his wrists in one hand while the other was around Lucas' waist.

"Ahhhhh! Let me go!"

Rainbow and Plague acted on instinct and ran over to help but were held back by Dark. He wanted to help as well, but he knows how the two work. The two in his grasp wanted to argue with Dark, but kept their mouths shut and quickly understood when they see the look on the older face. Nightmare kept his eyes on Cliff who continue to smirk.

"Ahh, I see that two of you are smart" Cliff chuckled. He anticipated Rainbow and Plague to do this, but with Dark he was unsure.

"Let Lucas and Sabre go Rift" Nightmare said sternly. Rift smirk and look over to Cliff with a knowing look.

"Oh Rainbow~" Cliff taut. Rainbow turned to Cliff who made a signal of some sort, "I think it's time for you to regain more of your memories, don't you agree"

The next thing everyone knew was that Lucas screamed out in pain. Rift, just like what Cliff did to Sabre, had buried his nails into Lucas' skin deep enough to cause blood.

"Ahhhhh!"

"Lucas!"

Then that's when it happened: more of Rainbow's memories returned.

"Hey are you okay?"

"I have to warn you about someone"

"You're just like him"

"Indeed, but I want my blue treasure with golden flakes"

"I'm so sorry Rainbow"

"Come on! Hurry!"

"Rainbow look out!"

"I'm glad I can call you my friend Rainbow"

"Thank you"

"NO!"

Rainbow screamed as he shot fire balls not only at Lucas' capture, but also at his two best friends.