twelve

eatmypoopoo: hey sorry i fell asleep while talking to u
seen 3.28am

alientae: nahh it's good
alientae: wyd

eatmypoopoo: :OO didn't expect u to be awake
eatmypoopoo: why aren't u sleeping yet tho

alientae: thinking abt you ;^)

eatmypoopoo: yUCKS go aWAY

taehyung sniffles as he giggled slightly, wiping away the tear that was on his left cheek.

alientae: can u call?
alientae: for awhile
alientae: i feel like talking to someone

eatmypoopoo: yeahh sure

INCOMING CALL
FROM ALIENTAE
ACCEPT | DECLINE

INCOMING CALL
FROM ALIENTAE
ACCEPT | DECLINE

'what's upppp?'

'hey.'

'heyy.'

'hi.'

'want to hear a joke about paper?'

'what?'

'nevermind its tearable.'

'what did the grape do when he got stepped on? he let out a little wine.'

'want to hear a joke about construction? i'm still working on it.'

taehyung bursted out laughing as he clutched his stomach.

'how is that even funny? your standards are too low.'

'shut up. you laughed too, i heard it.'

'you might want to go for a ear check up.'

silence.

'hi?'

silence.

— taehyung's pov —

'you might want to go for a ear check up.'

i stifflened a laughter as i heard my bedroom's door being opened. i quickly ended the call as my dad barged into my room and glared at me when he realised that i'm still awake.

'what are you doing at this timing instead of sleeping?! do you know how much trouble i've been though just to get you to retake year 3? how are you going to concentrate in school tomorrow if you're not sleeping?! i expect you to get at least 5 As at the end of this semester, i don't care if you're planning to cheat or whatever, just don't tell others that you're the school director's son,' he said harshly.

'why?'

'why? it's because i'm too embarrassed to have a son like you. ask yourself, what have you even done to make me proud? nothing. if only your brother was still here, he would've already became a successful lawyer instead of looking all pathetic like you,' each and every of his words stung my heart as anger and sadness started welling up in me.

my dad thinks that i've killed my older brother five years ago. a day before my thirteenth birthday, i found my brother's lifeless body lying beside the bathtub. i saw a pool of dried blood on the floor where the back of his head was, and the basin had stains of dried blood too. my brother's blood. his death was accidental as he slipped and hit the back of his head on the basin and led to the loss of blood. however, my dad didn't think it as this way. he thought that maybe if i had found my brother earlier, he might've lived.

as obvious as it seems, my dad adores my brother a lot. he's really biased to my brother even though i was the youngest one in the family. but no, i wasn't jealous of the attention my brother was getting, he was the best brother that i could've asked for. my brother was twenty when he passed away. he excelled in his studies, had a loving girlfriend and was planning to study law overseas. i always envied him since young. unlike me. i was the disappointment in this family, always getting into trouble in school and outside school. i was even in a gang when i was fourteen — my dad paid the gang leader a large sum of money in order to get my ass out of that gang because my dad didn't want any negative attention that would affect people's views on him. he's a rich, generous, kind man who donates thousands to millions of dollars to orphan and cancer associations. at least that's what he's trying to show the media.

'would you even care if i was dead?' i asked him, still having the slightest hope that he cares about me.

there was a brief moment of silence before he replied. 'no,' he said. 'i would be better off without you. if you're gone, i don't have to waste time and money to path out your future for you. you're useless to me.' he slammed the door shut.

as sissy as i might sound, my heart shattered into pieces after hearing what he said. from that moment on, i made up my mind to be independent — i'm not going to spent a single penny of his money. i stuffed some textbooks and clothes into my school bag and jumped out of my window, out of this lonely two storey mansion that was once filled with laughter and joy.

'hey, can i come over to your place right now?'

i lowkey wanna start another fanfic talking about depression and suicides and stuff & tbh i used to write a w1 jihoon's fanfic about that but i unpublished it after 3-4 chapters lolol

but i think i'm bad at writing sad shits,,, and idk if i have the time to do so bc my o levels are next year wow! fml