27

.✧ ˚◞♡   ⃗*ೃ༄

Minghao dashed into the room. His eyes filled with worry as he looked towards his best friend who was laying on the bed. "Kim Mingyu." he sighed in relief, before seeing the untouched bruise marks and slight cuts on the latter's face.

He walked up to the latter, who seemed to be clouded with his own thoughts as he looked outside.

"You look horrible man." Minghao sighed.

"Oh." Mingyu replied, snapping out of his daze. He looked away in disappointment, afraid for the upcoming nagging of Minghao.

But nothing happened.

Minghao just hugged Mingyu and mumbled incoherent 'I'm sorrys', muffled from Mingyu's hair.

Mingyu let out a weak chuckle as he hugged the other tight, before slowly starting to sob. "I messed up Hao. I messed up big time."

It stayed like that for a while, until the two had calmed down. What had happened still must've shaken Mingyu up a bit. Minghao entered the room again, carrying a their first aid kit.

He took out some bandages and some medicine to help Mingyu's wounds. "I heard what happened." Minghao said.

Mingyu just nodded, twitching slightly when Minghao applied the medicine. "What are you going to do now?" he asked him.

Mingyu made no answer. He just stayed silent. He wanted everything to stop and let him rest. But time can't wait for anyone. He only thought of one solution. He's going to break up with his girlfriend. And he's sure all this drama will eventually stop, for him and for others too. Everything just feels like it's all weighing on his shoulders, and it's very tiring.

"I'm going to break up with her."

And those words leading to a worn out Mingyu waiting at the park at 12:43 in the afternoon the following week.

"Hi Gyu!" his girlfriend smiled as she took a seat next to him. She immediately frowned "Are you okay?" she asked in concern, looking at the fading bruises on his cheek.

"Well, how do I put this. I'm. . . Not."

She straitened herself. "You know you can rant to me or whatever." she said.

"I mean. . . I've been thinking lately." Mingyu started. She looked at the latter. "What is it?" she asked.

"I think we should. . . Break up." he told her.

Those words did hurt Minji, however she just sighed and started to swing her legs on the bench back and fourth, a small smile plastered on her face. "You we're going to say it sooner or later anyways." She spoke.

Mingyu looked at her, listening to what she was saying. "We could still stay as friends." she told him as he nodded. "Yeah. I'm sorry." he said to her.

"There's no need to be sorry. At least we're still friends right? Good enough!" she laughed.

"Yeah."

And let