Chapter 8: Bloody Vines And A Broken Glass Tank

Kitty, Dracy, Arachne, Rachel, Siberian, Rufus and everyone who can see in the dark rushed out of the house. A gruesome sight met them.

Red has her wings broken. No, not broken. It was completely ripped off from the root and she's missing an arm. Butter is worse. She's completely torn apart. Like a piece of paper torn by angry hands. Butter is torn from the waist, she has her eyes open and mouth gaping open in an eternal scream of pain and agony.

"Go and find Lizzie! Now!" Headmistress Leonora orders.

All of a sudden, glass shatters from the attic once again. It was the window. An unseen force broke it from the inside. They could only watch as Arachne's legs got torn from her body with the use of a sharp object. Probably a knife or a sword.

Arachne screamed in pain and writhes on the ground. Lizzie unsuspectingly stabs her once on the chest and swipes the blade over her victim's neck, cutting Arachne's head clean off with just one swipe. But before Lizzie can behead her, Arachne managed to shoot some webs and Lizzie hadn't noticed that her whole tail has webs attached to it. This gave the students a chance to know where she is.

"Everyone to the fields!" Neil yells. "Now!"

"The hunters with me!" Foxie yells and runs after the floating nest of webs. Coyote follows.

"Claire. I need you to bring the humans with you," Kitty tells her best friend. Claire shakes her head 'no'.

"I won't leave without you."

"Its not the end of the world."

Before anyone can leave, glass shatters and a high pitched scream emitts from where the sound of glass shattering came from. Water flows angrily from Melissa's aquarium and all over the garden.

"No!" Laurie screams and runs to Melissa who gasps for air on the ground. "No no no no no!"

"Lizzie! You've went far enough!" Siberian yells angrily.

Lizzie appears from behind her. "How far Siberian?" She asks.

Siberian turns around with his fist clenched and connected it with Lizzie's face. Lizzie flew off a few feet behind due to the impact of the punch. Siberian plunges himself onto Lizzie and throws multiple punches and kicks on Lizzie's body. Lizzie swatted him away with her tail but Siberian held on tight. His teeth were bared and he's growling uncontrollably. If Rufus hadn't pulled him off he would've had killed Lizzie.

"Don't you leave!" Laurie screams, cradling a dying Melissa in his hands. "Remember that time I promised I'll take you to New York and see the lights?" Tears streamed down his cheeks uncontrollably and some dripped down to Melissa's cheeks. Like magic her skin absorbed the tears and her lower half slowly turned to legs.

"Laurie?" She says ever so softly. "I'm alive."

Laurie's eyes snaps open and he smiles so wide his face almost splits. He cries harder and hugs Melissa. He pulls her closer to him and Melissa accepts the hug. Her fins at the sides of her waist turned to a flowy skirt covering her lower half.

"You. You have legs?" Laurie says in amazement. "Is it because of—"

"You," Melissa completes the sentence. Laurie looks at her with amazement in his eyes and hugs her some more.

Just when they were enjoying the moment, Jay clears his throat from behind Laurie. Laurie turns his head around to see Jay standing with his arms crossed over each other and one eye brow raised in a questioning manner.

"Are you two done there? Because we're not done here," he coldly remarks.

Laurie abruptly stood, almost stepping on Melissa. He offered his hand to Melissa who took it approvingly. Laurie is tall with his height of 6'7 but Melissa is the tallest student in the schoolhouse with her towering height of 6'3. Laurie didn't let go of Melissa's hand until they reached the rest of the students who surrounded Neil and Lizzie fighting.

Rufus is holding Siberian back to prevent him from entering the fight. There are only seven students there excluding Melissa. The rest took refuge in the fields, Raye and Mark went with them just in case. Siberian has his teeth bared and his tail waving around in a deadly way that screams 'let me kill that bastard'. Foxie have a torn ear and a part of the fur in her tail got shaved off after Lizzie clawed on it. Coyote has wounds all over her arms and a broken splinter the size of a spatula's handle protruding from her abdomen which is bleeding like hell.

Who would've imagined that a single chameleon can be this strong to be able to kill anyone she would get her hands onto when she's angered. She has a dark past which explains her anger towards humans. It was many years ago.

***

Another short chapter

Would you like a flashback?

Yes or no