Chapter 8: What's Going On?!

Mark's POV

I couldn't believe that she had just done that. But I was even more mad at myself for leaving her like that.

"What do you guys think happened to her?" Pontius finally asked, breaking the silence that had fallen over us after Calliegh had hung up on us, we had just stood there, surrounding the phone. I've never felt so guilty before, it was eating me whole.

"I bet it was that Ben kid." Cubbie snarled, slamming the phone back on its charger.

Isom walked up and took him by the shoulders. "Cubbie, calm down. She's in the hospital. We should go see her. It's the right thing to do."

We hurried out to the car and climbed in, Cubbie raced down to the closest hospital at mad speed, I'm surprised we didn't get pulled over. Cubbie parked and bolted into the building.

"Is there a Calliegh Martin here?!" Cubbie ran up to the receptionist lady, literally almost falling over when he hit the desk thing that they have.

"Calm down, sir. This is a hospital." They lady replied, clearly agitated by him.

"No, I won't calm down. Now tell me if she's here."

She rolled her eyes and started typing on the computer, I could tell that Cubbie was getting annoyed with the lady, it was taking her a long time.

"Cubbie, it'll be alright, just calm down. Deep breaths, where's all that advice you gave her? You need to apply it to yourself now." I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I really need to calm down. She shouldn't see me like this."

"Sir?" The lady asked getting our attention.

"Yes?"

"She's in room 215."

"Thank you." Cubbie bolted. We rushed to catch up, I was beginning to worry as we approached the elevator, I was getting a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

The elevator finally came down and we crammed into it. It took it forever to go up one floor. When it finally arrived, we stepped off to find the entire floor in chaos.

I grabbed a doctor, "What's going on?!"

"A patient's gone missing."

My heart stopped, I was hoping the bad feeling wasn't for what I'm thinking it is. "W-w-who was it?"

"Room 215."

I slouched against the wall. We were too late, I've let her down again. Something else has happened to her. I looked up to see her two brothers and another guy running around, looking in rooms.

"Lyam!" I heard Cubbie yell.

Lyam turned his head and scowled. "What are you doing here?"

"We came to check on her."

"Who are you?" The other guy asked.

"The people who were supposed to be with her when it happened." Her other brother spat.

I flinched. This was such a bad situation. "What happened to her?"

"Which time." The other guy's voice dripped with poison.

"Both?" I shrugged.

"We still don't know. But why would we tell you, you abandoned her."

"That that was one of the biggest mistakes of our life." Pontius mumbled. We nodded in agreement.

"Why did you leave her?" Lyam blurted.

"After she was pantsed, she was mortified, we decided to give her some room. We were right outside." Cubbie replied, shaking his head in shame. "I didn't know anything would happen to her. I regret not staying and helping her. I blame myself for what happened." Cubbie, Sean, Isom, Pontius, and I let out a sad sigh. Even I can't explain what compelled me to turn and leave.