[18]: PHONE CALL

"hello?" mia spoke, clearing her throat as she sat upright. "mia, darling? it's rami." he announced on the other end of the line, "are you alright?"

"yes, just a bit tired. it's quite early over here. what's wrong? is gwil okay?" she managed to get out, stress levels getting higher rapidly. "he's fine. moping around lovesick of course. he really misses you."

mia smiled softly, "i miss him too." she said, attempting to avoid any tears. "anyway, what's going on? you never call me."

"darling, what if i just wanted to hear your voice?" rami laughed, voice far more vibrant than mia's. "we all know that isn't true, rami. we've been friends for what? 5 years? this is the second time you've ever called me. also what's with the darling? freddie rubbing off on you?"

"quite possibly. he has that influence on people." rami spoke, trying to dilute the freddie-ness. "well i like it. you seem far more confident than when i first met you. it's enlightening."

"thank you, my love. it's nice to see you and gwilym so happy — even if you aren't together yet." he spoke, drawing out the 'yet.'

"i heard that yet, rami. don't get any ideas. we're friends." she replied, laughing at his evident disgust. "you're practically a couple, mia."

she sighed, "r-rami. what did you call for?"

"well. we're having quite the dilemma here, how busy are you?" her breath hitched in her throat, worst case scenario setting in. "what happened? are you all okay?"

"we're all fine. it's just the movie that isn't. we've been delayed by a month. how busy are you? how fast could you get back here?" he spoke, stress now evident in him too. "i'm supposed to be doing some auditions but i can pull out. i can be back by tomorrow if you're desperate."

"we are. fox will pay for your plane ticket just so long as you agree." he said, "agree to what rami? what happened?"

"to be our director."

"are you joking?" the girl spoke, absolutely astounded at his suggestions.

"singer dropped out—personal reasons. we need a director. otherwise the movie will be postponed even longer. we all know you, love you and i know how talented you are. fox are willing to hire you and pay you a good sum for your troubles. roger and brian are behind it too. you know you're roger's favourite." rami said, mia failing to comprehend the information.

"rami i-i'm-uh," she started, "plus you'll get to spend more time with gwil-" he sang lightly.

"shut up. uh-do you really think i can do this?" she asked, nervously. "of course i do, darling. you're wonderful."

"fine. i'll do it. see you tomorrow, rami."

"oh, you're an angel! see you tomorrow. love you."

"love you more."

a/n:
ooooh boy. it's all kicking off