Chapter 3

So, I woke up this morning and I was like today is going to be a trivial day. 
I got up and went to the bathroom. I went into the shower and stayed in there for a while enjoying the warm water after a while I washed my hair and bathed. When I got out of the shower I brushed my teeth and looked at myself. I realized that I don't  look like a person who is a single parent and runs a company on her own. I congratulated myself because people can't tell this. Even though I have a lot of things on my mind like me talking to Asher and the mayor's gala and how I need to go dress shopping with the girls later today. I am kinda freaking out on the Asher situation. Like why would he want to talk to me alone. Since, that day when I left we never talked one on one, we only talked when there was a group present. So, what could he possibly have to say to me. Enough stressing I went and got ready.

I wanted a casual yet powerful outfit for today so this is what I ended up with for today

I wanted a casual yet powerful outfit for today so this is what I ended up with for today. After I finished with everything that I had to do I went to the kids rooms to get their outfits ready for when I come back. When I finally finished with everything I made breakfast and left.  I went in my white Ferrai and made my way to work.

*****************                                                  

*****************                                                  

At work

I walked into my office and started working and talking to Penny. Charlotte was at the other location but, she will be back when we all go dress shopping later. I am going to end the work day early for everyone,anyways we were talking about the meeting yesterday. Let me elaborate on al that my company does; my company is called Williams incorporated and at the company we not only are a law firm but, we are partnered with Katie and we hold her clothing line, we have a publishing company where we write law books, and fashion books, we also have jewelry. We want to get partner with Asher's company and a few other companies, Asher's company makes watches and the other partners make kids things which is good since we want to release the kids line. Anyways, I have been working and going to meetings but, now it is time to go and meet with Asher. I drove there alone without Penny since she is getting the things for my next meeting ready. I get into Italia Mia, earlier than Asher so while I wait, I look at my restaurant and I take time to look at my accomplishment. The restaurant is a formal place that serves lunch and dinner also it gives Italian food. Five minutes later Asher arrives in his car and then I get out and go to him.

"Are you ready?" I ask him.

"Yes, lead the way" he says looking me up and down.

We walk into the restaurant and then I see the receptionist wearing the button down shirt, but with too much cleavage and she is flirting with Asher and totally ignoring me. It seems that she doesn't know who I am, well I will have to fix that.

"Excuse me miss, but what are you wearing?" I said looking at her in distgust.

"Um, clothes what does it look like," she replied rudely.

"Actually, it looks like you are not in the dress code that I assigned," I said with a smirk.

"M-Mrs. W-Williams oh, I'm so sorry" she said stuttering.

"Yes, please call Sandra please, she has our table ready also you are suspended and will have to go to training to be a hostess before you can come back, because you broke my first two rules" I said.

" Which are?" she said.

"First, call Sandra, I don't have all day," I said.

"Sandra Mrs. Williams is here and she is requesting you please,"

"The first rule is dress appropriately and the second one is don't be rude to a customer,but don't worry you will learn this in training" I said with a smile.

All throughout this Asher didn't say anything. Sandra walks in and immediately hugs me.

"Peyton, hun your table is ready and I will have the training done for a week, also you are coming for the evaluation, next Friday alright," she said matter-of-factly. 

"Yes mam" I said.

She directed the way into a private room that had some tables but all of them were empty and only one was set up. She sat us down and then we ordered and she left.

"So what did you want to talk about," I asked.

"Well, I wanted to apologize for how I handled yesterday," he said and looked at me waiting for something.

"Ok, and is that it," I asked upset over that half-assed apology.

"No, also I wanted to tell you good job for whatever you did for the mayors wife, I am sorry for embarrassing you in front of all of those people." Asher said.

"I forgive you" I said.

"I have a question why do you want to partner with me?" Asher asked.

"Simple, I make jewelry, you make watches we can partner and both benefit" I said while eating.

While we were talking Sandra gave us food and left.

"I have a vision for my company and I would like to expand, but not alone I want to partner with people who already do what I need.The way I see it, everyone wins and if someone doesn't want to partner with me then okay, that is fine their are other options. Me choosing you specifically was more because one of your partners told me that they are partnered with you and that they would like for you to be in on this too" I said in a business like voice.