Chapter 5

We walked up to the stairs and we smiled and shook the mayor's hand and then we posed for pictures that a professional photographer was taking. While up there, I saw Asher staring at me and when he noticed that he was caught he just kept staring at me so, I looked away.  After we finished posing for pictures Mrs. Black came up and hugged us and asked us to say a few words. I went up.

"First, on behalf of all three of us we would like to thank the mayor and his wife for this award but, what we did was something that we would hope that anyone of you here have done. We didn't do anything heroic we just helped someone that needed help. We are glad that Mrs. Black is well. Thank you and have a good night." I said and went to walk away. 

"Wait, we have another award for Ms. Peyton Williams and that is the award for being the new upcoming business woman." Mr.Black said.

" For those of you that don't know Ms. Williams business hasn't been here for that long but, she has partnered with a lot of businesses and they have allowed for a lot of new jobs. Ms. Williams has a unique way in the way that she wants things to go and she works hard for it, she is not greedy and for her it is not about the money. She is an honest and kind girl.  Anyone working for her or with her should be honored. Also to add on to that Ms. Williams is an attorney and has a successful law firm, she is young and has done so much without help from other people. I have gotten to know her as a person and she is such a great example of what hard work and determination can do for you. Like I said anyone that has the honor to work with her should be extremely honored and not pass up on the chance." Mr. Black said.

The girls had lone gone to sit down. I stayed and posed as I received my award. I went to sit down. 

"A great businessman is Mr. Asher Stroman, he is the most successful businessman in the industry and he to has a lot of great job offers. Mr. Stroman is modest which in this day on age is hard to find. He doesn't flash his wealth and he talks to everyone the same. I am honored to present him with this award for all of the years that he has been in the business." Mr. Black said.

Asher walked up with the confidence that he has always had and when he went to the stage he smiled, took the award, shook hands with Mr. Black and posed for the camera. I don't know if it was just me, but he kept staring at me with a look that I saw in his eyes that I never saw before. But, it could just be my mind playing tricks with me. A little after this we went home.

Walking into my house, I went to see if my kids. They were asleep together on my bed, so I went to get changed and do my nightly routine. While I was doing my routine which consisted of: taking off my makeup; brushing and braiding my hair and washing my face. I was thinking about Asher and all of the good that we had. Since we weren't married for a long long time we were at the newly wed stage that last a few years.It was blissful and happy. We were at a good point of our story, everything was going great. What I just couldn't believe is that he would just believe them like that. Like did I look like someone that was unhappy enough to do one thing that I despise as cheating. If I was unhappy I would have talked to him, but I was so happy and after our honeymoon (which we had gone to France, Italy and Hawaii for) We had only been married for 2 years, We had a summer wedding and it was beautiful. Two weeks before what happened we had an awesome date and then we made love. Two weeks later I find out I'm pregnant and you know the rest.  

By now I am all done and in bed. The last thing I thought of before I went to bed was that my life is about to get interesting and it could go great or it could break me. 

Asher's POV

I am shocked to say the least, when I was asked to work with Peyton it was like a dream come true. I had royally screwed up and I have to find a way to apologize to her. When I was at the meeting that was the first time I had seen her since she signed the papers that night and would you guess what I did when I saw her. I embarrassed her in front of everyone, that was a great way to start asking for forgiveness. Not. When I saw her I was shocked she looked so good and her outfit was simple if anything but she made it work so well.
I asked her to talk to her not only to apologize for embarrassing her but to apologize for what I found out. But, she looked like she didn't want to see me and was so, business-like that I chickened out. Then at the gala she was so beautiful in her dress, and when I heard of everything that she did I was amazed by this wonderful woman. To say that I was impressed would be an understatement. I just need to talk to her but I don't know when and how to approach the situation. I'm screwed.