1. Why would he?

Hermione was done.
She couldn't stand Ron snogging Lavender anymore. It had hurt her so badly that she had to be away from him and ignore him.
She needed someone to talk to, but Harry couldn't understand everything she was feeling right now, even though he tried his best.
She needed to talk to another girl, but she didn't have many friends that didn't think Ron and Lavender were right for each other. After they kissed at the party, everyone thought they were some kind of perfect pair. They hardly went on dates, and mostly snogged.
She sat outside in the gardens today. She didn't care about the rain that was making her already grizzly hair even worse, or the fact that she couldn't distinguish the difference between her tears and the rain. It all looked the same to her by now.
Others were inside curled up by the fire, but she chose to be out here all alone. She just needed somebody to talk to, but she didn't want to start up a conversation with anybody.
Light footsteps could be heard against the mud outside, and a familiar blonde began walking past, but when she noticed Hermione she stopped and glanced at her. She slowly walked through the hedges and pointed to the bench that Hermione was sitting on. "Can I sit here?" She said, in her light and slightly ghostly voice.
Hermione glanced up at her, staring at her for a moment before shrugging. "Sure." She croaked, and wiped a few tears from her red and puffy eyes.
Luna sat softly down, her cloak tightly pulled around her. "Why are you out here in the rain?" She said, kicking her feet lightly as she turned to her. "You don't even have your robes..." She whispered, lightly furrowing her eyebrows as she looked at her.
She didn't look back. She didn't want to have to explain everything, but she was shocked that Luna wasn't going off about some imaginary thing. She turned to her. "Why aren't you going off about some imaginary creatures?" She whispered, and coughed as her hair fell into her face. She shoved it away with a sigh.
Luna frowned softly. "Because you're upset. Why are you so upset?" She whispered, and carefully pulled her hood off her head. "And... I've had a rough day." She whispered. Hermione smiled softly. "So have I." She whispered, and coughed again.
"You'll get a cold. Here." Luna said, taking off her cloak and draping it over Hermione's shoulder with a soft smile.
Hermione felt her cheeks light up, but she wasn't sure why. "Thanks." She whispered, and looked at her face again. "Are you sure you want to know about all my drama?" She said, smiling sadly as she did so.
Luna nodded. "I have a lot of time in my hands." She hummed, and Hermione smiled softly.
"Basically... after Ron won the game for Gryffindor, he and Lavender kissed at a party. I-I actually kind of liked him, and now all he does is hang out with Lavender... it hurts so bad..." She whispered, and wiped another tear that was falling down her cheek.
"Why would he do that...?" Luna whispered, and leaned slightly on Hermione. "I thought for a long time that you guys were dating, but keeping it a secret. I don't understand it. You're pretty, he's handsome, and you both seemed super close." She said, and looked up at Hermione. "Well, you have a better chance than me, at least..." She whispered, and sat up straight. "You should go inside before you get a cold." She hummed, pushing her silky hair back as she looked at the brunette.
Hermione sighed and stood up. "Probably. Thanks for everything..." She whispered, extending a hand to Luna, who took it happily and held it a moment longer. "Of course." She hummed, before letting go with a smile. Hermione's cheeks lit up slightly as she held her hand, and her heart fell when she let go.
Luna smiled sadly at her, and started walking out from between the hedges. "L-Luna?" Hermione stammered, suddenly nervous. The blonde turned back and tilted her head lightly. "Yes?" She hummed, and Hermione tapped her foot on the ground lightly. "Will you go to the Three Broomsticks with me?" She whispered, running a hand through her mass of hair. "To warm up? I owe you, so I'll buy you a butter beer..." She mumbled, and Luna happily returned to Hermione's side. "You don't owe me, but I'll gladly come with you." She hummed, and she reached for Hermione's hand. They intertwined their fingers shyly, and Hermione rubbed her neck gently as they walked towards Hogsmeade.
When they arrived, they sat down in the Three Broomsticks and talked.
They talked about school, about boys, and about how much of a jerk Ron was being. Hermione saw familiar faces in the corner once, but when she looked back up they were gone.
After they were all warmed up and had talked a while, they walked back to the castle, hands still held. Luna offered to walk Hermione back to Gryffindor, and so as they reached the portrait Hermione turned to Luna. "It was nice talking to you. I'm feeling loads better now." She said, smiling softly.
Luna smiled in return. "It was nice talking to you too, Hermione. I have to get back now... but I had a great time." She said, and gently pecked her on the cheek, making both of them blush. Luna waved to her before quickly walking away and to the Ravenclaw tower with a smile.
Hermione walked inside and sat down before noticing Harry sitting in the corner. She glanced at him. "Were you at the Three Broomsticks earlier?" She asked, and he looked up.
"Yes. I've been needing to tell you something... but I didn't want to make you worry even more." He whispered, standing up and then sitting down next to her.
"You can go first." Hermione said, smiling lightly. Harry shook his head. "No. Mine's really important, you first." He hummed. She sighed, and clutched onto the robe. "I-I think I'm bisexual..." She whispered, and Harry coughed before smiling. "I was just about to say that I'm gay!" He said, his grin growing from ear-to-ear. Hermione smiled. "So it WAS Draco!" She said, giggling as she kicked her legs and Harry blushed.
"I like Luna." She hummed, and pulled the robe closer. "I just realized her smell is really nice, like roses..." She mumbled, and turned to Harry with a blush. "She's helping me get over Ron." She said, and pulled her knees to her chest.
Harry smiled. "I know. I saw you." He whispered, and pointed to the robe. "Is that her's? Draco gave me his tie." He mumbled, and pulled it out of his pocket. He brought it to his face and smiled. "I love him so much..." He whispered, and leaned slightly on Hermione. She smiled softly in return. "I can't wait to talk to Luna." She whispered. "She is adorable and caring and silly and..." She rambled in and on about her, until she became tired and walked up to her dorm and lay down, sighing as she pulled the robe tingly around her.
And then she drifted off to sleep.