5. No Matter What (ANGST)

Hermione ran as fast as her legs could go, sloshing through puddles as she ran. Tear stains on her face; she knew she had to get there. People looked at her with looks of disgust and confusion, but she didn't care. She had to get to her, she had to know she was safe.
She took out her phone, trying again to call Luna but the call again ran out of time. She ran even faster, pushing herself far over the limit. As she continued to run she looked to her left and saw Draco, trying his best to keep up with her.
"You... saw it... too?" Hermione panted, still running as Draco nodded. "Harry showed me. We gotta make it." He said, speeding up.
They ran in silence, the only noise was from the rain hitting the concrete and their feet sloshing through the puddles. Hermione sped up somehow more. She slowed down as she reached the forbidden forest, and Hagrid stopped her.
"Hermione, ya can't go in there!" He said, and he stopped Draco from going any further too. "No!" Hermione screamed, trashing against Hagrid as he picked her up to keep her still. "Let me go! Let me go! I need to get to her!" She sobbed, and in one swift motion kicked Hagrid where it hurt. He let out a loud groan and feel to the ground, reaching after Hermione as she ran into the forest, holding her wand tightly. "I'm sorry Hagrid!" She yelled, running through the forest and trying not to run into a tree.
As she reached the clearing, her foot hit a root and fell flat on her stomach, her wand flying through the air and landing several feet in front of her. She carefully looked up, seeing Luna standing there, facing away from Hermione with her wand pointed at her head. She wasn't crying anymore, she had no more tears to cry.
"LUNA!" Hermione screamed, scrambling to her feet and pulling her stockings up to cover her blood-covered knees. "L-Luna, put the wand down! Pl-Please!" She sobbed, moving forward. Luna turned around, her eyes red and puffy and her cheeks tear-stained. "I-I'm sorry Hermione... I didn't think you would come here..." She stammered, taking a deep breath.
"Luna... please put the wand down..." Hermione said, her voice cracking as she let out another sob of fear, inching closer so she could grab her own wand. All she needed was her wand.
Luna shook her head. "I-I can't... I'm sorry, Hermione... I..." Luna cut off, voice cracking. "I love you..." Luna spoke, softly. Hermione felt a wave of shock go over her, and she saw Luna's lips open to say the dreaded word.
Hermione rushed forward, grabbing her own wand and pointing it at Luna. "Stupefy!" She screamed, and Luna stopped, before starting to fall backwards.
Hermione got to her feet, running over to her and tripping on another root, but she still caught Luna. She wrapped her arms tightly around the girl, frantically grabbing her wand and throwing it to the side. She kissed Luna's forehead and continued sobbing.
But she did it in time. She had saved her. The clopping of hooves filled the clearing, but Hermione didn't listen. She was paying attention to Luna, afraid that she would wake up and somehow try again.
The centaurs tried to pick Luna up, and Hermione screamed, hitting their strong arms away. "Don't touch her! Don't touch her!" She yelled, tears pouring down her cheeks. She hadn't even realized it was the centaurs until now. She carefully stood up, propping Luna up as well. The centaurs carefully lifted up Luna, holding her in their arms. Hermione started to walk, but was lifted off her feet and onto a centaur's back. Luna was right in front of her, so she held the blonde close.
The centaurs marched out of the forest, Hagrid looking shocked as they came out. Hermione slid off the centaur, and Hagrid came over. He took Luna from the arms of the centaur very carefully.
The centaurs began walking back, but Hermione took this opportunity and ran to the one who had held Luna, giving him a strong hug. "Thank you..." She said, her voice cracking again. The centaur ran a hand through her hair, smiling. "Keep her safe." His gentle voice rung though the air.
Draco rushed over, wrapping his arms around Hermione. She hugged him back, sobbing softly into his shoulder. Not long after, they began walking and ran into Harry. Draco instantly hugged his boyfriend, tears rushing down his cheeks. "She's okay?" Harry said, and Hermione nodded. The two had a long hug and then pulled away.
They would need a lot of time to recover.

~Time skip~

Hermione sat at Luna's side. Madam Pomfrey had been caring for her and refused to let anyone see her for the longest time, but she knew Hermione was very close with Luna so she made an exception.
Hermione played with Luna's hair, making a small braid as she waited for her to wake up. She was humming softly and made hardly any movements.
Luna blinked her eyes open, looking at Hermione. She looked at the brunette, smiling peacefully. She didn't interrupt her until she was done, then she smiled again and spoke. "I like that song." She said, and Hermione looked up, gasping before moving up and wrapping her arms around Luna. "Don't ever scare me like that again..." She said, tears dripping down her cheeks.
Luna was shocked for a minute, before she wrapped her arms around Hermione. The brunette pulled out of the hug carefully, before Luna looked at her lap, not saying a word. "I..." Hermione cut her off, pressing her lips to the blonde's. Luna didn't waste any time- she put a hand on Hermione's hip, sitting up and kissing her back. Hermione tangled her hand in Luna's hair, face flushed bright red. She couldn't believe this was happening.
Both pulled away, Luna's face still shocked and Hermione's flushed. "I love you too, Luna." Hermione said, quietly. "I will be here for you." She said, putting a hand on Luna's cheek. "No matter what happens." She smiled, and Luna smiled back.
"No matter what." She whispered.