2. A Nightmare

Tears dripped down Hermione's cheek as she let out soft sobs. The word Mudblood was engraved in her arm, blood trickling from the wound down onto the floor.
"You better answer me, mudblood!" Bellatrix cackled, and Hermione cried out in pain as a spark shot into her stomach. She let out a scream and sobbed again, shutting her eyes tightly. She just wanted it to be over; either to die or to be free. She just wanted to escape this pain.
"Please! I swear, I've told you everything I know!" She sobbed, and Bellatrix hissed at her.
"Don't lie to me, you little bitch!" She screamed, stepping on the poor witch's arm, where she had earlier engraved the girl's heritage. "I bet you're a fucking queer too, you bitch!" She said through gritted teeth and Hermione sobbed again.
Make it stop...

Hermione...

Hermione?

Hey, Hermione!

Hermione woke up with a gasp, panting and sweaty all over. Tears dripped down her cheeks from moment ago.
She looked around, only to find herself in her room. She began looking around for where the sound had come from. Maybe it was just a part of her dream?
"Hermione?" Came a soft, airy voice from next to her. She turned and saw Luna sitting there on the other end of the bed, still in her nightdress.
"L-Luna. Wh-What are you doing here?" She stuttered, putting a hand to her face to wipe the tears away, but Luna reached out and held Hermione's wrist lightly. "I was looking for you, actually." She said, bringing the girl's hand back down. "I wasn't feeling good, so I apparated to your house. I hope you don't mind." She said, standing up. "I won't push if you don't want me to, but why were you crying?" Luna spoke so softly, her brows furrowed and lip pouting out ever so slightly. Hermione slid off her bed, standing up and walking over to Luna. "Come on. Let's get something to drink." She said, pulling the blonde with her as she walked out of her bedroom and into the kitchen.
Luna sat down at the table while Hermione got out two cups and placed them on the counter. She then walked to the fridge and took out the gallon of milk, shutting the fridge with her foot as she began to pour the milk into the first glass.
As she did this, she pondered her thoughts a moment. She and Luna had dated in fifth year for a bit. She wondered if this could start again? After her breakup with Ron, she hadn't given it much thought, but now...
"Errr, Hermione? I think that's enough milk." Hermione snapped back into reality as Luna spoke, and gasped as she stopped pouring the milk and placed the jug to the side, milk dripping off the counter and onto the floor. She let out a sigh as she started to grab the paper towels, but felt two gentle arms around her waist.
"Here." Luna spoke softly, her chin resting on Hermione's shoulder as she waved her wand over the pool of milk. The milk made its way into the other glass and she tucked her wand in her pocket. She picked up a glass and brought it up to Hermione's lips, tipping the glass back so she could take a sip.
She took the other glass and removed her arms from around the, now flustered, brunette. She placed one milk glass in front of the empty chair next to her, and took a sip from her own glass. Hermione shyly walked over and sat down next to the pale-skinned girl.
They were quiet for a moment, taking sips from their cups before Hermione spoke. "Why'd you do that?" Luna didn't look up, merely took another sip. "I thought it would make you blush." Her eyes sparkled as she looked up at Hermione, maintaining eye contact as she took another sip. "I was right." She whispered, causing Hermione to become only more flustered. "Now, why were you crying in your sleep?" She said, softly.
Hermione sighed and propped her head up on her hands. "Remember when Harry, Ron and I were captured, and they found you in Malfoy Manor?" Luna nodded softly. "Well, Bellatrix was torturing me for information, and also because..." She clenched her fist. "of my heritage. She called me many things. I still have the scar that reads mudblood on my arm." Luna watched her curiously as she rolled up her sleeve to reveal the faded word, 'mudblood'. Luna furrowed her brows and moved her chair closer to Hermione's, sliding down the sleeve and holding her hand comfortingly.
Hermione wiped some tears appearing in her eyes, and Luna brushed her hair back out of her face, looking at the girl's brown eyes. "I-I just had a nightmare. I relived it. All the pain, the slurs... I wouldn't have woken up for hours if you hadn't come by." She sniffled, smiling at the sky-eyed girl.
Luna smiled back, and pulled Hermione into a comforting hug, which the nerdy witch happily returned. Luna rested her chin on Hermione's shoulder again, one hand on her back and the other playing with her hair. Hermione had both arms wrapped around the blonde's neck, still letting out soft cries.
Luna pulled away moment later, taking the brunette's hand and having her stand up. She walked over to the couch, bringing a crying Hermione with her. She softly sat down, patting the spot in front of her with a soft smile. Hermione sat down, wiping some tears as Luna began to play with her hair, before beginning to make a braid. She hummed to the girl in front of her, which made Hermione slowly relax and shut her eyes.
When Luna finished the braid, she took a hair band out of her own hair and placed it in Hermione's. Luna then wrapped her arms around her waist, resting her chin on the shorter girl's shoulder happily. Hermione placed her hands on Luna's, leaning her head against Luna's with a soft smile. "Thank you." She whispered, beginning to feel drowsy. She leaned back softly, and Luna removed her arms from the tired witch's waist and scooted back, laying down and moving Hermione so that her head was in her lap. Luna propped up some pillows behind her and pulled a blanket onto Hermione, who was now snoring softly.
She smiled, leaning down and kissing Hermione's forehead and brushing some strands of hair out of her face.
"Goodnight, Hermione."

~Time skip~

Hermione woke up with a yawn, and she blinked for a moment before she realized there was a fresh smell in the air. It smelled like pancakes. She sat up, smelling the air before hearing a slight giggle behind her. She spun around, and felt her cheeks flush.
Luna was standing there, spatula in hand. She was wearing a dark blue T-shirt that stopped right at her hips, and she was also wearing tight white shorts.
"Hey." She said softly, and Hermione blushed and stood up, walking over and picking up a plate with pancakes on it. "Thanks for making breakfast." She whispered, kissing her cheek softly. Luna smiled and watched Hermione as she walked to the table and sat down.
Luna joined her, taking a bite out of her pancakes. She pulled Hermione's chair closer to her own, causing the brunette to blush violently. She wrapped an arm around her neck, and smiled as they rested their heads together.
"I'd like to go out again, Hermione." Luna said softly. Hermione fidgeted with her nightdress, smiling softly. "I-I'd like that too. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here for me." She whispered, and turned to Luna.
Neither witch had any hesitation, but Luna was the one who initiated it. She pressed her lips against Hermione's. The blonde's cold and thin lips met the brunette's warm, full ones. It lasted a moment or two before they both pulled away, both looking like cherries on top of an icecream sundae.
"If you have another nightmare, just let me know." Luna purred.