2: Darling

ONE MONTH LATER

Tom and I had been fake dating for about a month and I could officially say it was fun. He bought me stuff and took me places while I got to tease him and make fun of the fact that he had to be nice to me. The only downside was that I couldn't call him an asshole or a dickhead in public.

Tom texted me.

ThomASS Holland 🤮🖕
Harrison, Kade, and I are going out tonight, you wanna invite some people?

Me
Sure i guess. I'll ask Alyssa and Jake.

Jake and Alyssa were sitting right next to me, as usual. They were my best friends that I met when we did our Disney show together. Since then we stuck together.

"You guys wanna go out with Tom and his friends tonight?" I asked.

"Sure. It's not like we have any plans," Alyssa said.

"Yeah, I'm down," Jake said.

"Cool. I'll tell Tom," I said.

"I thought you still hated him," Jake said.

"I do, but he buys me things and has to be nice to me, so I put up with him," I said.

"Why do you get so much enjoyment from hanging out with someone you hate?" Alyssa asked.

"Because, my dear friend, I am a discreet person. I can do little things to annoy him in front of people," I said with a huge smirk. "He, on the other hand, is not. He knows he can't get away with it, so he has no choice but to be nice to me."

Jake chuckled, "You, my friend, are devious."

"I'm well aware," I said.

I knew in reality that Tom couldn't be nearly as bad as he portrayed himself. I had plenty of experience with people who were like that. They made themselves seem like a bad person that you wouldn't want to be around, but in reality they just had issues that they were hiding under their rough exterior. I figured that Tom was the sane way, but that didn't change the fact that he annoyed me to the point of no return.

》》》

We walked into the restaurant and told the hostess we were with Tom and his friends. She led us to their table and we sat with them.

"It feels like it's been forever since we've talked, Luna," Kade said. Kade and I had met when Tom brought him to set while we were filming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

"Yeah, it has been a while, hasn't it?" I said.

"You two done?" Tom asked, seemingly annoyed. I smirked.

"Are you jealous, dear?" I asked in a fake sweet voice. Harrison, Alyssa, and Jake stifled a laughed.

"Not at all, darling," Tom said, matching my smirk. He leaned forward at stared directly into my eyes. A weird feeling exploded in my stomach when he called me that. Butterflies? No. It couldn't be.

"You sure?" I asked, keeping composure.

"Quite sure," Tom said.

Tom and I were practically having a staring contest. He looked at me with that pretty boy, "I know I'm hot," look. And I glared daggers at him.

The waiter came and took our order for drinks. Tom, Harrison and Kade had all ordered alcohol of some kind. Alyssa, Jake and I were still too young, considering Alyssa and I were nineteen and Jake was twenty. I wondered how they were getting home, because there was no way I was letting any of them drive after drinking, even if they were still coherent. I may have been annoyed by them, but I still cared. Whether or not I would admit that out loud was another question.

Two girls walked up to the table. They looked about sixteen.

"Hi. I'm Jessica and this is Ashley. We were just wondering if we could get a picture with Tom and Luna," the brunette said. I smiled.

"Of course. We'd love to," I said. Tom and I got out of the booth we were sitting in and took a selfie with the girls. Everyone at the table smiled and made silly faces in the background.

The girls smiled and we hugged them.

"I hope you two have a good night," I said.

"Thank you. Just so you know, we ship Tomuna so hard. You guys are made for each other," Ashley said. I blushed.

"Thank you," Tom said, putting his arm around my shoulders. That didn't help the heat that was rushing to my face.

When they were gone we sat back down. The whole night I kept catching Tom smirking at me. He saw how flustered I got when they said that they shipped us. I glared at him every time I saw him smirking.

》》》

By the end of the night Tom, Harrison, and Kade were drunk. Alyssa and Jake were bringing Kade and Harrison to Tom's house in Tom's car while I had to bring Tom home in my car.

Tom got in the passenger seat while I got in the driver's seat. As I started driving Tom started talking to me.

"You know, you look beautiful tonight," Tom said. I blushed.

"I do?" I asked.

"Yeah. You always do, but you look especially good tonight," Tom slurred.

"Thank you, Tom," I said.

There was a quiet pause.

"Luna?"

"Yes?" I asked.

"I'm sorry that I'm such a dick all the time," Tom said. "I just always feel like that's what people expect. If I'm too nice people think I'm being fake, but if I'm an ass sometimes they think it's normal. On top of that the job is so stressful and demanding. I love it, but I never know how I should be acting or what to do."

"I know how you feel, Tom, but being an asshole isn't the way to fit in," I said.

"Then what is?"

"Honestly, screw that. Be yourself. Stand out. I know it sounds cliche, but it's true. Just be you and screw what other people think," I said.

Tom put his hand on my thigh, "You're really smart, Luna. Like really, really smart. You always know how to bring me back down the earth."

"That's my job," I said, "As your friend."

"Thank you," Tom said.

The rest of the ride to his house was quiet. It was peaceful and calm as Tom just looked out the window and said nothing to me. I smiled. Maybe Tom Holland wasn't as bad as I thought he was.