6: Prove Me Wrong

Tom and I had a fake date planned for the day. I got ready and sat down on the couch to wait for him to pick me up. My phone buzzed.

ThomASS
About five minutes away

Me
STOP TEXTING AND DRIVING YOU LUNATIC!

ThomASS
Yes ma'am

Alyssa walked into the room. She stared at me weirdly when she saw that I was smiling at my phone.

"Texting Tom?" she asked.

I nodded, "Yeah we're goimg on a date."

"A real one or a fake one?" Alyssa asked.

"A fake one," I replied, my tone changing untintenionally.

"Are you sad about that?" Alyssa asked.

I huffed, "I don't know. Maybe. I can't figure out my feelings for him. Last night I was up until one in the morning texting him. We were just talking about life. I can't decide if I just like him as a friend or something more."

"Have you ever considered that it might be both?" Alyssa asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You know that I've liked Jake for years. For so long I've been trying to figure out if I like him as just a friend or more. Lately I've been thinking, why not both?"

"Okay. Let's make a deal. I go get my man. You go get yours," I said.

Alyssa smiled, "Deal."

I heard a honk outside. I grabbed my bag and left with one last smile to Alyssa.

I got into the car with Tom and closed the door. I turned to him and immediately his lips were on mine. I returned the kiss. For a second I was in heaven. Then Tom pulled away. He flashed his famous smirk.

"Revenge is sweet, darling," Tom said.

"Thanks for the surprise, Tommy," I said sarcastically. He chuckled and shook his head.

I had to admit that I was sad when he pulled away. I almost wanted to grab him and show him how I felt. I wanted to kiss him so much that I wondered why I didn't just do it.

He pulled away from the house and kept his eyes trained on the road, "So, what have you been up to today?"

"Not much. I woke up way too late and got ready," I said.

Tom gave a light laugh.

"You are the only person I know who likes staying up late, but gets upset when they sleep in," Tom said.

"I just like to schedule everything. I sleep later into the day, but if I wake up off schedule I freak out," I explained.

Tom laughed again.

I smiled, "Why is this so funny to you?"

"Because it's adorable. You look like a little kitten, but when you open your mouth you're like a lion. You know what you want and you go after it, and you're proud of it too," Tom said.