7: I Don't Know

"Not just yet," Tom said.

I looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

Tom grabbed both of my hands in his.

"This," Tom said.

He leaned in and kissed me. It was slow, gentle. How could our relationship be fake when my feelings were so real? Tom's hands moved to my face and my arms snaked their way around his neck. One of my hands found its way into Tom's curly hair. When we seaparated I longed for more time alone with him. This boy made me feel things I had never felt before.

"Was that more revenge for yesterday?" I asked, remembering what he said.

"I don't know," Tom said.

Tom kissed my forehead and walked away. I was stunned. I watched as he drove away. What did he mean?

I walked back into my house and sat down on the couch. Why did Tom make me feel this way? I wanted to be with him, but at the same time I was almost scared of it.

Alyssa and Jake walked out of the hall together.

"How did it go?" Alyssa asked.

"We kissed," I said, causing Alyssa to open her mouth to speak. Before she could I cut her off. "Four times."

Alyssa's jaw dropped, "Four?!"

"Well, twice, I guess. One time was a kiss on the cheek and one was on the forehead," I said.

"And you thought you couldn't get the man," Alyssa said.

"I didn't get the man," I said.

"But you kissed four times?" Jake butted in.

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Please explain to me how that works," Jake said.

"He kissed me on the way to the restaurant. I kissed him on the cheek. He kissed me outside just a minute ago. Then he kissed me on the forehead right after," I said.

"And?" Alyssa said expectantly.

"Then I asked him if it was revenge for yesterday and he said, 'I don't know,'" I explained.

"Oh. That's how that works," Jake said. I nodded.

"Well, let's get our minds off of that then. We should just go do something fun," Alyssa said.

"You can. I'm going to stay home and mope," I said.

"Oh no. You are not moping the rest of the day. You are going out with us. Get in your car. We're going to the arcade like we used to."

》》》

tom's p.o.v.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. Why did I say that? I was so stupid. My eyes focused on the road, but my mind focused on Luna.

I just wanted to turn around and kiss her again. She made me feel so amazing and happy. She made me laugh. I wanted Luna to be mine, for real.

I was ripped from my thoughts by a truck swerving into my lane. We collided, making my seatbelt tighten on my body, probably leaving bruises. My left arm slammed on the car door and the glass from the windshield and the window shattered. Everything went black.

As I started to wake up my arm was throbbing, the airbags were deployed, there was glass all around me, and a horrible pain in my left leg. I looked down to see a piece of glass sticking out of my leg, blood oozing from the wound. My head started to pound. Slowly, my vision started to go dark again. I looked out of the shattered windshield and saw the front end of the car smashed and the truck in front of me damaged about as much as me.

As my vision started to fade I heard distant sirens and a few people talking. The last thing I saw were a few people talking to a paramedic, pointing at me.

》》》

luna's p.o.v.

My phone started to ring next to me. I stopped putting coins in the arcade machine to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Luna Williams?" a female voice asked.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked.

"My name's Emily, I work at St. Mary's Hospital. I was told by a patient named Thomas Holland to call you," the woman said. Worried filled my body.

"What happened?" I asked. I had only seen Tom an hour ago. What could have happened?

"He's been in a car accident. He's stable, but he's requesting that I call you."

"Thank you so much for letting me know. What room is he in?" I asked.

"He's in room 231," Emily said.

"Thank you. Have a great day," I said.

Alyssa and Jake stared at me.

"What happened?" Jake asked.

"Tom got into a car accident on the way home. I have to go. How will you guys get home?" I asked.

"Don't worry about us. Worry about Tom," Alyssa said.

I drove to the hospital and went up to room 231. It felt like there was nothing in the world that could make that elevator go faster.

When I got to the room I opened the door carefully and entered. Tom was lying on the bed, asleep. He had a cast on his left arm, a bandage on his forehead and with the absence of a shirt I could see the bruises across his chest.

I sat down in the chair next to his bed and grabbed his hand. I pulled out my phone with the other and dialed Harrison's number.

He picked up immediately.

"Hey, Luna. Where's Tom? Is he with you?" Harrison asked. That son of a bitch, Tom didn't even call his best friend.

"He's in the hospital. He got into a car accident. You should probably call his parents. He's in room 231 at St. Mary's Hospital," I said.

"I'll be there as soon as I can," Harrison said.

Tom began to stir. When he opened his eyes he smiled.

"Hello, love."

"You dick," I said with a smile.

"What did I do now?" Tom asked sleepily.

"You scared me to death you moronic asshole," I said.

"Moronic asshole. That's a new one," Tom said. We both laughed.

"Good to know you haven't lost your sense of humor, Thomas," I said.