Chapter 50: Poseidon and Percy

* A/N: Yay! I finally reached 50 chapters!

Percy Jackson has updated his status: 

Every time I meet a situation which is caused by me being a demigod, sometimes I wish I was never born. I mean, I'm glad to be alive but, sometimes I'm thinking that my birth could have been prevented. Then I wouldn't have to be here. Whenever I'm fighting a monster or facing a powerful enemy I can't beat or just struggling in school all because of being who I am, I'm always blaming the person who brought me here in the first place.

Like I said, my birth could've been prevented. Poseidon could've just never broken the oath like he should have. I really don't like thinking like this, but sometimes I wish that my dad and my mom never met. This just gets me more and more angry at my dad.

Before I found out I was a demigod, I had already been mad at him for leaving me. Leaving my mom to take care of me. Leaving us to deal with a fat bastard who my mom had to put up with for the most of my childhood, who apparently was actually protecting me. But my ex-step dad never cared for us. For anything for that matter. He had abused us in anyway possible and we had to put up with him for ten years. Ten years. My dad could've just checked on us maybe, to see if we were okay. Then I would know that he cared. But, he never did.

I got even angrier at him when he called me a mistake when I first met him. He even said he wished I was never born. It hurt at the time but, now I think it's true, I shoud've never been born at all. Which gave me more reasons to not like my dad. I'm always wondering if he really cares about me. Maybe he does but... That's probably just wishful thinking. I know the gods aren't supposed to interact with us too much but still, you could've just stopped by, just once? 

Sorry for talking like this. I got a letter from by dad and for some reason it pissed me off.

Comments: 

Thalia Grace: Wow... I think like this almost every single day. I feel your pain.

Annabeth Chase: ... I never knew you felt this way Percy...

Nico di Angelo: You know, I always thought you and your dad had the best relationship between each other...

Hazel Levesque: Just reading that made me cry. I think about how mad I am at my dad too.

Athena: Wow Poseidon. I really don't like your son, but after reading this, I can't help but feel bad for him. You have failed as a father.

Poseidon: ... I never even knew he felt this way. What was so bad about the letter I gave you?

Percy Jackson: It was the fact you told me in a letter. You could have just told me in person. Once I read it I ripped it up and threw it in the garbage.

Annabeth Chase: Was the letter that bad?

Percy Jackson: I'm not sure.

Poseidon: Then why are you so upset?!

Percy Jackson: Because the letter made me think if you really did care for me.

Poseidon: But I do! 

Percy Jackson: Well, you don't really do a good job of showing it.

Poseidon: Don't I? Didn't I hug you after you won the Titan war?

Percy Jackson: Yes. But when I think about it, it makes me wonder what that hug really meant. Did you hug me because you cared about me and you were proud. Or did you hug me because of what I did, for winning the war against the gods and not being defeated by Kronos?

Poseidon: ......

Percy Jackson: Yeah, that's what I thought.

Percy Jackson has logged off.

Athena: You've messed up Poseidon. Your only demigod son now hates you. What are you going to do now?

Poseidon: Apologize of course! I feel horrible!!!

Poseidon has updated his status: 

Percy, I am so so sorry. Please forgive me. I will admit that the hug I gave you was because you won the war, but was also because I was proud of you. In fact, I have never been more proud in any of my other sons. I'm also very sorry that I left you and your mother with that horrible man. I had no choice. I really wish I did visit, but if I did, Zeus would have found out about you. I left to protect you. And when I called you a mistake, it was because I didn't really know you that well. But as the years went by, I saw how much of a hero you were and began being proud to call you my son. Please forgive me Percy. I do care about and I don't ever want you to forget it.

Comments: 

Percy Jackson: Thank you for the apology. Really thanks. But I still don't forgive you.

Poseidon: What?! Why?!

Percy Jackson: Because of how you told me. Just like the letter you told me how you felt on Facebook. So I don't know if it's really you or not. Or if you really meant what you said.

Poseidon: But Percy-

Percy Jackson: Just leave me alone.

Percy Jackson has logged off.

Athena: You messed up... again.

Poseidon: Shut up Athena! I'm going to make this right.