Chapter 1: New on the Scene

Ricky P.O.V.

I heard about a transfer to Central City and I immediately offered to go. Gotham was a sad city and I needed a change of scenery. Joe West one of the top cops had lost his partner and I was going to be the new one. I walked into the CCPD with a new found confidence. I walked to the Captain's office to see an older looking man in front of the desk. 

"You must be officer Ricky Grayson. We thought you were a male cop." The Captain said.

"Well, I'm not. My name is Rochelle Grayson Ricky is a nickname." I said crossing my arms. Why did this always happen?

"Captain! There was shooting down near Jitters!" One of the cops yelled slamming the door open.

"Get Allen, I hope you're ready for your first assignment Grayson." I nodded my head and ran out grabbing my badge and hopping in the car with Joe.

"Barry will be here in a second," Joe said when we arrived. I looked at the body which was covered in fresh blood. his neck looked purple.

"He looks like he was chocked then shot." A person from behind me said. I turned around and saw a brown-haired man. "You must be the new cop. I'm Barry Allen."

"Ricky Grayson," I said shaking his hand.

"Welcome to central. Looks like a meta did this. Someone really strong."

"His neck looks broken. Doesn't have to be a meta. I've caught a number of people in Gotham who can break a neck."

"It isn't just broken. It's crushed as well."

"You're smart Allen," I said squatting next to him. 

"You are too for a rookie. How old are you?"

"Nineteen, I got out of college at age seventeen. I was a child genius." I said shrugging.

"That's fascinating, you might be smarter than everyone at S.T.A.R. labs combined. How about I take you there when the shift's off?" He asked.

"I've always wanted to meet the people behind S.T.A.R. Didn't Harrison die a while back?" I asked confused.

"Yeah but there are still some people there," Barry said leaving the corpse. 

"I can imagine," I said with my blue eyes striking lightning.