Chapter 4

A week later - Anna's POV

"Alright, time for you to sign a contract with us Anna." Mint says to me and I nod.

Me and Mint have gotten along well over the past week, she's become my best friend, the reason she is called Mint is because of her minty breath and attitude.

"Alright." I say to her and she leads me to another den and she lays something at my feet.

"Just sign it with your blood, I'll lead your hand to the right slot." Legacy says to me and I nod and roll the scroll out.

I bit my thumb and I smell blood from it and legacy takes my hand to the top of the scroll at a slot and I write my name down to the left of what I'm assuming is my Mothers.

"There." Legacy says proudly and she and Mint nuzzle my face and I laugh.

"Anna, you aren't helpless." Mint says to me.

"No, I'm not." I say and she licks my face.

"Alright, time for you to go back." Legacy says to me and I nod.

She leaves and I pet Mints head for a few minutes before I'm back in my apartment. I get up and dust myself off and I walk to the Hokage office and I knock.

"Come in." A tired sounding Gramps says to me.

I probably came at a bad time.

I walk in and I sense surprise and relief from him.

"Anna, where have you been?" Gramps asks as I hear him stand up and walk over to me.

"With my Mothers summons." I say to him and he pulls me into a hug.

"You scared me you know." Gramps says to me in relief.

"Gramps, you know I can take care of myself." I say to him.

"I know, but you come in here everyday when your in the village." Gramps says to me.

"Sorry Gramps, I didn't mean to make you worried." I say to him. "But, watch this." I say and he chuckles as he steps back and I summon Mint. "Mint was just a pup when Mom was around, so, me and Mint get along very well since Mint was mothered by her as well." I say and Gramps chuckles.

"Anna, you really are something you know?" Gramps asks me.

I give him a closed eyed smile. "Of course." I say to him.

"Anna, why am I here?" Mint asks me.

"Mint, this is Gramps, he took me into the village when I was a kid after Moms death." I say to Mint.

"Its nice to meet you Mint." Gramps chuckles.

"Its nice to meet you too." Mint says to him and I hear her sniff Gramps and she licks his hand and he chuckles amused.

3 Weeks Later

I finish training in my Tai-Jutsu when I sense someone appear behind me and I unclip my staff and it falls smoothly into my hand and I attack whoever was behind me.

"Calm down." Kakashi says to me as he dodges my staff.

I snort and stop. "What do you want?" I ask annoyed as I walk over to where I left my bag.

"I came to apologize." Kakashi says to me.

"Save it, I don't want to hear it." I say to him as I bend down and I reach for my bag, but its gone. "Shit." I curse under my breath as I get up and I turn in Kakashi's direction. "Where is my bag?" I ask him.