Chapter one : so much for secret

A normal day at school turned into the worst day, the second semester just started, it was supposed to be a new good start, a beggining, ending bad habits, but that means new ones will eventually occur, promising no further procrassination but then you procrassinate more than you did last sememster But me, I was going through the biggest change, I was going to be the first tester of a new surgical procedure for breast cancer that could either save or possibly end my life, or even worse, my condition could be the exact same way it was, but it starts in two months.

I was walking out of class until some kid walking by me was stretching but accidentally hit my head getting his button stuck in my 'hair' causing my 'hair' to fall out.

I covered my head in embaressment, people walking by and standing in the hallway started staring at my bald head, I couldn't move I just froze in place, A secret I had tried so hard to keep for years had just been exposed in the last year. The boy didn't seem to notice until his friends had told him.

"Suga" one of them said "you have something stuck on your sleeve"

Suga looked at his sleeve and waved his arm around trying to shake off my wig, he looked back and saw me covering my head staring at the hair on his sleeve, he yanked it off and threw it to me

"watch it next time" he said, and walked off.

I ran as fast as I could home. My quiet humble life..... It was going to drastically change, thanks to that suga kid, I threw my wig on the floor and picked up a picture and whispered "mom, dad, I'm home"

I would've gotten a weave or whatever, but I was saving up for that treatment, it's hard not having parents. after I ran from the orphange and to my parents, they shut the door on me, oddly enough, why do I still love my parents?

couple months I ran into them and my mom had asked me.

"Kira, how are you still alive?" and her and my dad walked away.

I guess I understood, I wasn't frustrated like most kid with their parents, my parents didn't want to see me die, yes it was selfish, but if this procedure works, maybe I will be able to be selfish too.

The next day of school, I wondered whether I should wear my wig or not. Is it necesarry? either way it would end up bad, so I just left the wig at home. Now that everybody knows now, there's really no point, that dumb wig was just the dirt covering the secret.

People gave me looks in the hallway, the faces were readable. faces of digust, unaccapectance, fear, pity, and surprised for those who didn't wittness it the other day.

I quietly stay in my seat until that suga kid walked up to me and put his hand out.

"Give it back" he demanded

"What?" I asked

"I know I'm a celebrity and my belongings are very special but those weren't just any bottons, give it back"

"I don't have it" I said

"Yes you do, it got stuck in that haystack you call a wig" he said

"I don't give two shits about your button okay? I'll give it back to you tommorow"

"Ha, see you stole it so we could meet up" he said

"Just leave me alone, people are staring, leave before you get made fun of for talking to me" I said "I don't want to take that responsability"

"Why would I get fun of? You're just a normal person" he said

"But I'm not normal" I said pointing at my head

"I don't see whats wrong" he said and walked away

After school I tried looking for the button in my hair, once I found it, I put it in a ziploc bag and threw it into my school bag.