Chapter 1

Kara's POV
I flew through the evening sky and flew above Metropolis. I looked down and saw people heading to homes for the day. I hovered above the city gazing at its beauty. Suddenly I heard a yell coming from the other side of the city. I zoomed over there and found a lady getting mugged. The lady was pulling her purse away from the man who I saw was startling to pull out a gun.
"Leave her be!" I said coming up behind the man. The man turned around and the lady took off running.
"Ruined my evening girly!" He said. He pointed his gun at me. I smiled at the gun in my head knowing it couldn't hurt me.
"I don't think you know who I am!" I said stepping closer.
"I do sugarplum...your Superman's Cousin...named...whatever..." he said. I glared at him. Of course he knew my cousin. EVERYONE knew my cousin. But no one knew me. Except the people I have told and the Kent's.
"Names SuperGirl!" I snapped. I shook the negative thoughts out and buried them deep inside me. I saw the man pull the trigger on the gun and saw the bullets fly toward me. I stood still and walked forward as the bullets bounced off.
"What...only Superman's bullet proof!" He exclaimed.
"Ughhh...get the memo dumbo! I am his cousin! I have the same powers!" I said rolling my eyes. I used my super-speed and ran behind him and pinned his hands behind his back. I then flew to the police station and dropped him off. I then flew up into the sky and into space. I flew upwards and entered a huge floating white building that looked similar to a satellite. This was where I worked. The watchtower. I work here with my cousin and the rest of the justice league and other hero's to protect Earth. I flew inside and pretended I wasn't annoyed or mad, or sad. I was greeted by welcome backs and waves. I walked to my room and flopped onto my bed. I replayed what the man had said.."your Superman's Cousin...named...whatever..."
I grew angry and threw a pillow in the air and burnt it using my heat vision.
"Was I bothering you?" I heard. I looked at my door way to see my cousin. I turned my head away and controlled my anger.
"No...I was just...training.." I lied. He smiled at me and sat next to me on my bed.
"Well..how did your patrol go?" He asked.
"It went fine Kal...I mean Clark!" I replied forgetting that he was Clark Kent now not Kal-El.
"No trouble?" He asked ignoring my little name mess up.
"Ugh..I saved a lady from getting mugged by this dude. He pulled a gun on me.." I said in boredom.
Clark laughed.
"Did he not know that Supergirls bullet proof!?"
I looked down and avoided his gaze. I felt my anger rise but I simply pushed it back down.
"Kara...?" Clark asked me concerned.
"He didn't know who I was..." I said simply.
"Oh...well...it's bound to change soon! Once you start saving more people your name will spread!" He said standing up.
"Yea right...I am already known...as Superman's kid cousin..." I muttered.
"What? I wasn't using my hearing power.." Clark said.
"Nothin..." I said
"Well I gotta go to a meeting with the league so don't go anywhere!" He said. Clark flew out the room leaving me in even more anger.
"Go to your dumb meeting Clark.....your always known for leaving..." I muttered