Chapter Six

IT HAPPENED GUYS
(17. 12. 2018... 21: 51)

Khdkgdkbdkvdkgdkbdigsutsvckhveit eyieiyy epye our oyeot c lur jte ye iwitejfhi eeevhk ehd igdgdjvjfsbf jf sjrahrautwvshfvs tuwiyekheiedigdbdvjsjgsjgsits kggskskyd yl dhd kkhd

*Thunderclap sarrior12 has slipped into a vegetative state*

- ❈ -

Brisktail spiralled through the air and drifted from underneath the clouds. Light snow began falling again and the wind pulled at his tail harshly, trying to throw him off course. Brisktail split open his spines and angled his rudder-wings to make sure he wouldn't smack into Quickclaws.

     They dropped so fast that they emerged from the falling snowflakes and into clear air. Brisktail spread his wings to slow down and glided to a stop on the black sand. Quickclaws landed behind him and Speedscar and Keeneye touched down further ahead. Before them, a cave yawned in the cliffside. Brisktail took a moment to admire the glittering snow above them.

     Quickclaws loped forward and his talons kicked up clumps of dark, wet grains. Brisktail started after him and they were engulfed in the darkness of the grotto. After his eyes adjusted, Brisktail was able to make out the familiar features.

     Jagged stalactites and stalagmites lined the walls and ceiling. A small river snaked from the depths of the cave to the beach and ocean. Sand went into the cave up until about half of the light's reaches, at which point the ground changed to a sand-pebble mix and pure rocks at the back. Quickclaws hopped across the river and trotted to the back where he dipped his snout into the water and drank. Brisktail joined him and was glad for the cool water that flowed down his parched throat.

     The air was slightly warmer the farther back they went. Speedscar, since he was the biggest, kept a plume of flame in his mouth which allowed for a light source above Brisktail's head. They trekked into the dark tunnel until it widened and the echoes of their footsteps bounced off faraway walls above and water below.

     Speedscar tilted his head and increased the flame's size until it reached a torch stuck into the wall. He went around and lighted the rest. Brisktail watched with slight trepidation at the sight of how the larger dragon's dark-gray-almost-black scales blended into the darkness seamlessly.

     Keeneye grumbled something about finding branches and stomped off back outside. Brisktail climbed up to sit on a fat stalagmite.

     Quickclaws scrambled up beside him on another pinnacle. The whole cavern was a spacious hollow cavity, the ground space dominated by a crystal-clear lake. The side they were on had a large ledge that thinned as it snaked around the pool. The only reason the water's reflection broke was from water droplets splashing into the depths. The air was filled with the trickles of water and occasional flapping of a bat's wings.

     Quickclaws reached down and picked up a smooth pebble from the floor. He stuck out his tongue as he aimed and skipped the stone across the lake. "What are we gonna do now?" he asked, his voice echoing around the empty space.

     Brisktail used the fin on the end of his tail to flick a pebble into the air to catch with two of his claws. "Skip pebbles until we get bored."

     Quickclaws was about to respond before Speedscar huffed from across the ledge, "Brisktail, shouldn't you be out helping your father collect material for your nests? He doesn't seem the type to share and I doubt he's going to build your nest for you."