Ch. 38 Barely There pt. 2

1 day later

Diane's pov

I played with my food with my fork rolling the peas around. "Diane, I know that he'll get through this, but you can't be negative about it" gramma says in a low voice, chopping up some cherries, "...."

"Travis is probably looking at you right now, and he needs your positivity to make him stronger. When I met him, I looked straight into his eyes, he got some pretty eyes by the way-" 

(idk y this thing is saying positivity spelled wrong)

"'Ma!"

"Okay! But, somethin' was wrong with him, boo. He's going through some stuff if he overdosed-" gramma was interupted by the radio.

 'Apparently the star is currently in the hospital barely hanging on to life support due to over dosage on wine, alcohol, and possibly prescription medication. Sanchez' sister and girlfriend were spotted walking into the hospital a-' gramma turned the radio off. Great, now I'm his girlfriend, "Girlfriend? He better not have-"

"No." 

"....Anyway, he likes you I can tell. Should get him, we need to pay off this house-" she noticed the glare I gave her, "Girl you know I'm playin'! But, you know that your grandpa and I are worried about him too. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.... cause we may have some cute grandbabies" she stops and hugs me. "Ma! I don't like him like that!" I look at her with my face slightly red. "I'm just playin' around! Listen don't be depressed about him, I know he wants to see them pretty dimples of yours huh?" she pokes my cheek.  "Can I visit him? I'll might go out and look around too?"  I ask her. "Yo' room clean?" she asks, I nod. "JOHN!" I close my ears, as she screamed my grandpa's name.

🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮

I was quickly led to Travis' room, and saw Mel on the way, so she came with me. "I gave him a blanket, I really don't know what I could give him" Mel says as we entered the room, no one's here.  I didn't think to bring Travis anything, I'm more focused on him than some get well gift. I looked back immediately, "Looks kinda hot in his sleep don't he?" 

"Mel, this is not the time. How would you say that if he's in a casket?" I look at her.

"....You're right, sorry." she says. I walk, my breath shaking with every step I made. "Did you hear anything?" I ask. "They said he's in a coma, but it should last for a few days-" I cut her off with a tight embrace, "I don't want to see him like that!" my voice broke and started to go hoarse. 

Mel patted my back, "Well that's what the doctor said, he could wake up earlier than that, I mean, he could wake up right now. He could be dreaming of good things, and maybe even about you. He's barely there but its better than nothing! He's a strong person and you need to be strong for him!" I pull away, "My gramma just said somethin' like that" I hold back the tears as they went away, and walked back to him, "Can I touch him? Is it safe?" I ask, "I guess yeah" she responds. I touched his hand, it was warm and a bit dry. I listened carefully for the monitor, a slow but steady heart beat.

I studied his features, but decided not to look at his face, seeing that mask on his mouth is beginning to break me down. It was weird holding an almost lifeless hand, his breathing was a little bit slow, but okay. My hand was small compared to his, "Travis, I have no idea where you're at, but just know that you really scared a lot of people, you have a lot of people that care about you out here." I whisper-talk to him. 

I felt a small twitch I looked down, seeing his fingers slightly move, "What the- did he just move?!" I almost yell, "WHERE?!" Mel yells her attention caught suddenly, "His-his hand just moved! I think he actually heard me!" I laugh, holding in the tears. I look over at Mel, confused by her facial expression, her arms crossed, her eyes looking at the floor, like she was thinking in deep thought. A phone was ringing some song, catching her attention. "Ah that's my dad. Listen I gotta go, I'll see you sometime later, alright?" she explains a bit fast and walks out of the room before I even had the chance to speak.

🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮

15 minutes earlier

Melanie's pov

We was all worried about him, plus the millions of people out there as well from social media. Val announced of his hospital stay, and everyone was supporting them. Val and Dr. Sanchez visited Travis. Of course he was worried! From what Val told me about him, he looked different in contrast, he was actually worried for Travis, she told me that from outside of the room she heard him, "I know that I haven't been the best father ever since your mother died. And I'll feel much worse than guilty if I were to lose you, it would feel like losing Travianna all over again but even worse. Maybe because you look just like her, you even act like her too, it gets on my nerves sometimes but, every time I look at you, I see you but I see her too. I promised Tray that I would take care of you and your sister if anything happened to her. You and Val a part of her and I and she lives on through both of you."  Val said he said the whole thing in their native language but she said it in English for me, he even broke down crying in the middle of it.  Valeria didn't talk to him the whole time she was there with him.

Travis on the other hand, is....I'm not sure if he's even okay. I mean I know he's not okay, but....is he? He's, um, well.... breathing slowly, every since his system was cleaned out. He should be awake in about a few days or so.

The only thing was that he had to stay sober and have therapy as soon as everything is okay. Val and the doctor talked about it and told us that she arranged Travis a therapist and he's gonna see him twice a week for two months, once school begins after Christmas break. But is in the process of the approval of keeping him home with her.

When I visited there, he looked almost looked peaceful; even in his sleep he was cute- like a male Sleeping Beauty, cause he had it all over him. I bought him a blanket, a green one- his favorite color, but I had to put the folded blanket on the floor since the counter was filled with gifts already, and started to creep up on the floor.

🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮🍫🌮

Can you hear meeee?

I'm crying out for you

I'm crying out for you again-