p u r p o s e | iwaizumi hajime

There are two important days in your life - the day you were born, and the day you figure out why.

And for the longest time, he believed that volleyball was his only reason for existence. Being Aobajohsai's star ace, ruling with a near solid iron fist alongside Oikawa - that was his purpose ... or so he thought.

But standing here, one of his arms wrapped around you, curling around the small of your back with his hand coming to rest on your hip, with his other hand gently resting on the crown of your head, Hajime finally - finally realized what his actual purpose in life was. What he was born to do.

He tilted his head up slightly as you tucked your head further into the crook of his neck, your arms tightening a bit more around his waist as you fell deeper into the embrace that he offered.

You never told him why exactly you needed the intimate touch, but he relished in the fact that whatever the reason was, you chose him to come to for comfort. And though he'd never properly admit it, he's prouder of that fact than he is of all of the accomplishments he's made being Aoba's ace.

His voice almost startled you when it cut through the near silence that the two of you confided in.

"Are you okay, [l/n]?"

You at first nodded your head against his chest before pulling away slightly, a faint smile gracing your lips. "I'm fine, Iwa." You paused, leaning your cheek back into his toned chest. "I just needed a hug, that's all."

You could feel as he shook his head slightly in understanding, his arms tightening around you as a silent promise, his heart beat thumping through your ears matching up almost perfectly with your calm one.

Out of the million other reasons he could've decided upon, this one was the most fulfilling. Especially if it meant he could have just one more reason to let time pass with you in his arms.