Chapter 10: The Demon Beyond the Borders of Hell

Beyond the borders of hell, in the demonic realm of the Black Energy, in absolute darkness and stillness, far from chaotic yells and cries of demons that engulfed the castles of hell (which itself represented the borders of the Nine Heavens and the Black Energy), dwelt a thick mist. Inside that spectre, appeared a lonesome white castle, where, in the throne hall, sat a barely-visible tall silhouette.

This gruesome place was now visited by Azazel, the demonic angel who had betrayed his kinsmen and taken the side of the Black Energy. He was the one who had abandoned Johanne and had become a demon guardian of Balthazar, a demonologist boy from the West Land. However, now, he seemed to have left Balthazar sleeping in his bed at night, and had come to this detached realm within the Black Energy, apparently to meet up with his darkened allies. But, unlike an equal-righted ally would do, Azazel bent his knee before the silhouette sitting on the white throne and bowed to him.

"My lord," he spoke with a trembling voice, much in awe, "the girl has returned in the West Land today. Only Lord Michael remains with her, as before. The Lord of Transformation stayed in the East Land, while the Lord of Destruction dwells in hell, as you know, and only occasionally visits his human wife, when this latter calls upon him. The girl is guarded only by Lilith, her son Incubus, and the Huli Queen - the daughter of Lord Yuehong. I believe it is an ideal opportunity to begin our attack."

He heard a calm, frightening chuckle, that seemed so out of this world that it sent shivers even to a darkened unearthly being like him:

"Why does a mere human soul stir you up so much, Azazel?"

Azazel started. Sweat began to pour down his forehead.

"You know the answer well, Your Divinity," he replied, "She is one of the purest human souls ever known, who has the ability to purify other beings, including demons like me. If she purifies my darkened core, I'll forever dissipate and join the High Forces, becoming their slave for eternity, when I am made by the Black Energy and wish to remain loyal to her!"

"Fear not. High Priest Joan is, after all, nothing but a human. Even if the three Guardians of Nine Heavens, those so-called 'supreme beings' employed by the High Forces, send all of their children to protect her, she shall easily be beguiled like she was in her previous two incarnations... Little Incubus was unable to protect her in those times, so why are you so sure he'll be successful this time? Just because he has the full support of his parents and friends now? - Ridiculous!" He chuckled. "You know very well, Azazel, that there is no force which can ever overcome the eternal power of mine - the force of Perfection."

The silhouette rose from the throne, descended the black stairs, walked through the grey mist, and appeared before the trembling Azazel in all his gruesome magnificence - a tall, pale man with long white hair and vile yellow eyes, who was dressed in rich white robes with scarlet stains and had long claws on his hands. He was barefoot like all the other unearthly beings. But still, the most fascinating attribute of his was that big fluffy white fur shawl that grew out of his chest, hung on his right shoulder down to his feet, and even floated in the air, so long it was. Azazel gasped once he beheld this supreme being before his very eyes, and bowed even lower, hitting his forehead to the floor:

 Azazel gasped once he beheld this supreme being before his very eyes, and bowed even lower, hitting his forehead to the floor:

"My lord! So, you've decided to give me your grace, and assist me in this affair?"

"Well, of course. Since you've come into this torturous land of perfect silence and disrupted my peace, I do not see why I should not aid you. After all, High Priest Joan has always been the perfect human soul to toy with, since she has such deep compassion for demons, and such immense curiosity that gives her a tendency to research realms that do not concern humans..." He smirked. "She even made Incubus think she loved him, when, in fact, she only felt pity for that worthless half-breed. Let us go, my young unfortunate friend. I shall help you become a perfect demon again since you so greatly yearn for it."

"Ah, thank you, my lord!" Azazel bowed to him again, even landing a kiss on the floor before him.

"It shall be amusing when those three find out that Lord Tsukishiro has returned..." The white demon smiled, his yellow eyes sparkling with viciousness.