2

Scorpius

"Albus, Hi!" Scorpius said brightly. The Malfoy's were now at Platforms 9 3/4, and Scorpius spotted Albus a few feet away, bidding goodbyes to his family. Albus and Scorpius ran for each other. "Come on!" Albus said as they put their luggage onto the train. Scorpius then ran towards his father. "Bye, dad! See you at Christmas!" He said as he hugged Draco. "Here's your permission form." He said, handing Scorpius his form for Hogsmeade.

"Thanks." He said, giving one last hug and leading Serena to the train. "I can go on my own, thanks." She said rather coolly. Scorpius laughed. "Second years don't want to see themselves with their brothers now do they?" Scorpius said and helped a struggling Serena put her luggage onto the train too. Serena ran back to Draco to give a last goodbye and entered the train.

The train then gave out a rather thick fog of steam, indicating it's about to leave. Albus ran back to his family and together with Scorpius, boarded the scarlet Hogwarts Express. They both found an empty compartment and settled themselves there. "How was your summer?" Albus asked him. Scorpius smiled, "It was good, no big family meals like yours I suppose. Just us." He said and faced the window sadly. "You know, I sometimes wish I was part of a bigger family, I don't care about blood status. It's plain boring everyday. I don't expect anyone else to burst into the door, no family meals with other cousins my age to come over. Must be nice." He said.

Albus gave an uncomfortable cough. "You won't believe what happened. You won't believe who wanted to write to you." He said, obviously breaking the tension. Scorpius sat up straight. "Someone wanted to write to me? Who?" He asked. Albus looked as if he was bursting with news. "Obvious isn't it? It's—"

But whoever it was, he never knew, because their door burst open and standing there, was none other than Rose Granger-Weasley. "Hello. Mind if I sit with you two?" She asked. "Of course!" Scorpius said. He didn't know what hit it. He then gave a great amount of space for Rose to sit down on, but she chose to sit beside Albus, much to his dismay.

"Hi, Scorpius!" She said brightly which made Scorpius's insides squirm. "Er- Hello, Rosie! Had a good summer?" He asked. He was aware that his cheeks was growing hotter every second. "Oh it was fine. I had O.W.L practice paper because I thought I'd start early! How about you? And, please don't call me that again. " She asked. Scorpius was now melting. "Mine was great! I had such a god time!" He said, although absentmindedly. He was staring at Rose dreamily. She was indeed very pretty. Her flaming red hair was bouncing as the train rode on, and her eyes looked rather warm, much unlike her look of disgust during their first year.

"Really, Scorp? But you just said your summer was— ouch!" Albus exclaimed. Scorpius stepped on his foot to drown out the rest of his sentence. Just in time, the trolley witch passed down their compartment. "Anything from the trolley, dears?" She asked.

The next moment, the three were enjoying collecting chocolate frog cards, and challenging each other on who could get one of the exclusive collectibles. The next they were eating Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans, eating mint, grass, lemon, or otherwise, bogey. They had such a good time, they didn't even realize it was nightfall. Rose then stood up. "We should put on our school robes now." She said.

Once they were robed, they waited in anticipation for the train to stop, and once it did, they scrambled out of the crowds and took seat in one of the horseless carriages. "D'you know what pulls these carriages?" Rose began. "Thestrals." She finished. Albus gasped and looked around at the carriages that were moving on it's own will. "Read about it in Hogwarts: A History have you?" Scorpius asked. But Rose shook her head, "My dad told me so." She said.

The sorting then begun and ended. Scorpius and Albus were seated at the Slytherin table, applauding every time a new Slytherin was sorted. Serena was applauding for her house too. Scorpius was one of the reasons why Serena was nearly kicked out of Malfoy Manor last year, but it all changed now, and their family was perfectly fine with a Hufflepuff.

After a nice start-of-term feast, they were now being led back to the common room by their prefect Gemma Farley. As they reached the underground common room that resides just below the lake, they climbed up the steps towards the boys dormitories, and they plopped down onto their four-poster bed as he changed into pajamas. It was a good first day back.

He slept as he thought about the happiest Hogwarts Express journey he'd ever had. What with Rose with him, laughing and eating their way through the sweets. And Albus, who he knew knew about his secret admiration for her, and supporting him wholeheartedly.