10

Rose

Rose woke up from the sound of clanking pots and pans. Grandma must be working on Christmas breakfast. She thought sleepily. Christmas... It's Christmas day! She immediately sat straight up on her sleeping bag and stretched. The other girls were already walking around the room, Lily was still sleeping. "Happy Christmas, Rose." They greeted lazily and yawning. "Happy Christmas." Rose greeted back to her cousins, then shooting Rose a look, Dominique asked, "Should we wake 'er up?" She asked quietly. Rose shook her head. "She'll come around." She said calmly and stood up and stretched her arms upward. "I can smell breakfast!" Lucy exclaimed enthusiastically. And indeed a smell of fresh pancakes were wafting through the half-open door and filling their nostrils. The smell made Lily jerk awake, and she stared around, "Is it Christmas already?" She asked frantically. The others chuckled at this and nodded.

Rose made to get her school stuff until realizing her father got everything and slumped. The five girls made their way downstairs, where the smell of pancakes grew ever stronger. And as they reached the kitchen, there was a full buffet of food greeting them at the table. The boys were already seated together, looking grumpy. "We've been waiting for half an hour. How long does it takes for girls to sleep." James asked groggily, rubbing his eyes. "We wanted a head-start but grandma insisted we wait for you." Louis added. "We needed our beauty rest." Lily snapped. Albus scoffed. "There are surprises waiting at the living room." Grandma Weasley said excitedly as the kids scrambled towards it.

The living room had been decorated overnight. An overlarge Christmas tree sat glittering with dancing fairy lights in the room, and stacks of grouped presents were under it. They scattered around, finding their pile. Albus found his immediately and began tearing paper apart. Rose found hers on the far left portion of the tree. She excitedly ran towards it. It was a large pile from each of her aunt's and uncle's, her parent's, and Scorpius. Her Aunt Roxanne and Uncle George's presents consists of a broomstick servicing kit (good one too, her last one was almost out of High-end Finishing Polish), while Uncle George gave her a small green pouch of what looked like tiny grains, a tiny note tied to the pouch said 'for Bubbles'.

Uncle Harry, Aunt Ginny, and Teddy gave her three different books about defense and quidditch, while Grandma made her the usual orange sweater that contrasted badly with her hair. It had a scarlet letter 'R' on the center. (She had requested she changed the color all the time, but Grandma kept forgetting).  She put it on, as well as her cousins, who were smiling as they delved deeper into their pile. Her aunt and uncle Bill and Fleur sent her gifts too. Bill got her a book on Magizoology, and Aunt Fleur sent her a bottle of 'Sleekeazy's Hair Potion." She chuckled as she remembered her aunt kept telling her to tame that 'orrible 'air. Her hair was rather curly and had an air of bushiness around it, but not nearly as much as her mum's, though she would never dare say that.

Her aunt and uncle Percy and Audrey sent her a large book called 'Prefect and Headship: How To Up Your Chances' with a note saying, 'for future use :)".  Teddy sent her a Sneakoscope, although she didn't know what to do with it. Then her parent's present, which was filled with Honeyduke's Best Chocolates, that Book she saw at a Muggle Bookstore once with her mum, a specialized eagle-feather quill with her initials carved onto it, and a glittering planner that changes colors everytime there was something due. There was also a Christmas Card, and a letter saying 'Happy Christmas', 'we're arriving later in the day, and to send their love to grandma. Then she opened the last present left, and it was unusually small and was covered in silver wrappings. Rose bent to pick it up and recognized it as Scorpius's present immediately. She and Albus got him a Sugar Quill and a green and silver scarf.

She carefully tore the wrappings and opened it and It was revealed to be a tiny box fit for jewelry. She opened it carefully and saw, laying on a layer of black velvet, a long, thin silver chain. Rose looked at it confusedly. How could Scorpius have sent her this? She put down the wrappings and took the string from the velvet, expecting to see a pendant, but there never was. It was a chain. Just a chain. She didn't understand, but part of her told her it was part of something big, and that she better keep it. So she put it tenderly back onto the box and pocketed it, feeling lightweight, and very happy. "Breakfast is ready!" Grandma Weasley called from the kitchen. They all ran towards it, craning for seats right beside their favorite food. "Careful now, you watch that glass Roxanne! It's a gift from your father!" Grandma Weasley shrieked as Roxanne nearly dropped a snow globe with a little deer statue inside it, the deer running around the dome that seemed to be snowing inside. Grandma Weasley looked fondly at it. "Sorry, grandma." Roxanne said apologetically as she took a seat beside Rose, she winked at her. "No matter. Now, Happy Christmas my dears!" She exclaimed happily, arms open wide. "Happy Christmas, Grandma!" They all greeted back in unison. Grandma Weasley gave a hearty chuckle as she said, "eat, eat. You'll need feeding up, you're all skin and bone!" She said at them as she smiled at the sight of them all together. She then levitated the Pancake sauce and let it magically flow through the pancake. They all scrambled to get their favorite food.