lust

(BIG NSFW CONTENT AHEAD, Y'ALL, THIS IS YOUR WARNING LMAO)

The sun is setting upon us yet again this evening, allowing the pink-orange light to shine in through the thin drapes hanging over just about every window in this flat.
The golden sun was setting just as it has done many nights before. Just as it has everynight that I've been here with John. It was a magnificent sight, really, seeing it fall over the city from this tall building and watching the amber glow dance around the ginormous skyscrapers.
Yeah... I'm not used to that kind of luxury back home, living on a farm and all.
It is still very beautiful, though.
...Back home.

"So." John said as he slammed down a sheet of paper infront of me, causing my gaze to leave the window and instead focus on him.

"...Yeah?"

"I was thinkin'." He paused, "Maybe t'night we could go out on the town and pick up dinner again? ...If yer up for it, that is." John suggested nervously, making me smile at his sudden emotional vulnerability. "I jus figure... yer gettin' tired of me cookin', ye know?"

I propped my head up with my hand and smiled up at the lad, "Yeah, John, that's fine. Where did ye wanna go, then?"

John tapped the paper, "This is a list of every restaurant in town... I want ye to decide! Never been here, after all-"

"Me?! I only jus got 'ere a few days ago! Ye-"

"Jesus... Quit bein' such a drama queen... again and jus pick, alright?" John hushed me, trying to be serious, but ended up smiling halfway through his words. "Is me simply askin' where ye'd like to eat tonight equal to the end of the bleedin' universe, Macca?"

Reluctantly, I allowed my eyes to quickly scan over a long list of restaurants and eateries surrounding the area, John leaned over my shoulder as I was still deciding on a place for our little date. I mean... it is a date, right?

Finally, my index finger tapped on one of the locations and we were off!
Yeah... I guess that's pretty nice of John to offer such an occasion.

After we tidied up a bit in the washroom, we left the flat and headed our way to where we'd be eating tonight. Ofcourse, both of us in our now iconic disguises.

John quickly hailed a taxi on the sidewalk and we both hopped in. Honestly, this reminded me of back in the day when John and I would hitch-hike to get pretty much anywhere since neither of us had a car. It was exciting, though, at the time. A bit dangerous, now that I think about it.

Blurred colors whipped passed my eyes as we drove down the city streets. Just as they did when I first came here to visit my old friend. People were still laughing wildly outside of clubs and others simply walking the town. I turned back to John and he just grinned at me, moving his hand to my thigh. The sudden touch shocked me a bit, but I'm not one to complain.

...

In just a few hours, we were both back home from our night out, tired as all Hell.

We both collapsed on that same couch, which is honestly now becoming somewhat of a routine for us.

John slung his jacket over the couch while letting out a deep sigh. Everything about today went the exact way I imagined it: perfectly. It was nice to be out with the same boy I used to hang with on a daily basis. Back when we were much younger, I suppose. Much more naive. It was nice to not be stormed by crowds of screaming fans, for once. It was nice to live the peaceful life that John has been living since the Beatles split. It was nice to live on the other side.